Thursday 20 September 2012

Bedtime Stories by Candlelight...by Emma


Hi everyone! It's already time for me to share my second piece of this month and for this piece, I've created this little candle, together with a candle holder for it to stand on. As always, I hope you like it...
To begin with, I stamped the Mabel Lucie Attwell, Time For Bed image onto tissue paper and coloured it with alcohol pens. I then cut around the outside of the image and positioned it onto my candle. Wrap a piece of waxed paper around the entire candle and then very carefully, using a heat gun, melt the tissue paper image into the wax. You will be able to see through the waxed paper as to when the image is entirely transferred to the candle.

Next, I took an old CD and coloured it with Sailboat Blue and Lettuce Alcohol Inks. I then took an empty ribbon spool that I had in my stash of "things that might come in useful to craft with ~ lol" and painted it using Claudine Hellmuth paints. I then applied a layer of Rock Candy Crackle Paint over the top and allowed to dry before blending Antique Linen over to accentuate the crackles.

Finally, I dyed some neutral seam binding using Tumbled Glass Distress Stain and tied it into bows, added it to my base together with a little banner that I made and stamped with the "Imagine" stamp.
Thanks for taking the time to come and have a look at my little creation and for all your lovely comments.

Hope you have a lovely creative day and see you soon.
Emma x

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That is absolutely gorgeous ! What a great idea for little Christmas gifts that would make. Thanks for sharing........Jackie x

Jacqueline said...

That is absolutely gorgeous ! What a great idea for little Christmas gifts that would make. Thanks for sharing........Jackie x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab idea, so clever how you used the ribbon spool.... I have quite a few of those lying around, so thanks for the inspiration!

Words and Pictures said...

What a cutie! And perfect for a bedtime nightlight!
Alison x

Artyjen said...

Love it! Great idea to use the spool and it looks perfect :)
xoxo Sioux

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

Fabulous idea and certainly NOT a 'little creation' - more a hugely inspired and useful piece of home decor.

Dotty Jo said...

Adorable - I love Atwell images, Jo x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Gooooorgeous candle centrepiece Emma! Love the image and the ribbons :)) xx

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful Emma
love it

Greetings Janny