Sunday 13 January 2013

Happy Memories

Hello everyone, Astrid here with my first post for 2013. So let me start with wishing you all the most wonderful, happy and creative New Year!!
For my first post this month I decided to make a little tag book, that can be used to keep some happy memories of a journey or other special occasion.


These are the stamps and products I used:
Stamps:
Travelling Words
Labels
Postage No 1
Crowning Glory
Journaling Words 2
Ephemera 1
Tim Holtz Papillon
Other Products:
Distress Stains Variety of colours
Distress Inks in colours to match the stains
Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium Matte
From my stash:
Smooth white paper
scrap book paper
Kraft Card
Dies
Flowers
Vintage Ephemera
Postage Stamps
Seam binding

The booklet is made up out of 5 different tags, each made in a very similar way:
1. Squeeze some Distress Stains onto your craft mat, include either some Picket Fence or a Metallic Stain as these are more opaque and give some "body" to your background.
2. Once you are happy add some further depth of colour by blending Distress Inks in matching colours over the stains.
3. Stamp a background stamp in a matching colour of Distress Inks. I used the Ephemera 1 stamp for each of mine.
4. Stamp some of the other label and postage stamps on white paper (I used matte photo paper), cut out and colour with distress inks.
5. Collage your cut out images, other ephemera and postage stamps onto your tags using the matte medium
Here are my 5 tags:






I kept the back of my tags quite plain, just covering them with scrapbook papers and creating a pocket here and there to keep notes and other bits and bobs picked up during travel.
One of the backs with a little pocket and journaling tag

Two further pockets made out of mini envelopes covered with paper and then coloured and stamped like the tags.

The covers were made in a very similar way.  I cut two pieces of vanilla coloured card, slightly larger than the tags, I then added some Kraft card between the stamped front and the scrapbook paper back. I used the Tim Holtz Papillon stamp as vocal image after creating my background like on the tags.
Front cover
Back Cover
 Here are some of the pages still after I bound them together:





Well, I hope you liked this project and sorry for all the many photos, but I hope you have enjoyed it and feel inspired to make something similar yourself. I love making little books like this, they are small enough to fit in a hand bag and great to keep memories of a journey!



21 comments:

Claudia N. said...

This is sooo lovely, Astrid!

I love little books too and this one is going to be among my favourites! So inspriational and beautiful!

All the best for 2013!

die amelie xx

Dee in N.H. said...

That is so pretty and what a perfect size! Love it!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely delightful... tag books are so lovely, and this is a fabulous example - gorgeous colours and ephemera adding up to a real treasure!
Alison x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely beautiful... and very happy to be able to enjoy it at my leisure at last! Each page is a delight, and the variety of colours make this a real rainbow of an album - so wonderful to look through!
Alison x

Sandie said...

Just beautiful Astrid, love how you created the little journal pocket and tag, looks gorgeous. Each page is a delight!! x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous little booklet. Great colours and what a lovely way to remember special occasions or even to keep photos of children or grandchildren. ox Marg

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Astrid,
Your little tag is absolutely delightful, and I am glad you took lots of photos.
It's a real treasure, and once the photos are in, it with be priceless.
Smiles :-)
Sue

Dorthe said...

Dear Astrid, I love your project and I love all the photoes :-) giving us an idea how beautiful your tag book is ,with the lovely images, and sweet pockets here and there.
Thankyou !
xo,Dorthe

Maryann Laursen said...

This is so gorgeous again Astrid, what a fun idea to make an album with all these tags. I love how it turned out, you´re so clever.

Unknown said...

It's a wonderful tag book and I love all the little stamping details. I love to make these from time to time. I call mine "little books of inspiration", and yours certainly fits that title :-) Maddy x

Jenny Marples said...

This is a joy to behold Astrid. Love each 'page' as they are so individual and the colours are all blended so well with the papers/images. Some fantastic ideas here. Hugs, Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Glorious work!

patricia said...

Really lovely ,such talent TFS.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Such a gorgeous book Astrid. I love the mix of colours and the way the little envelope pockets fit in! Thanks for sharing such a lovely project.

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh I love these tag book....awesome tags....love em...tfs

Hos Egebjerg said...

It is a great work you have done, it must have taken a lot of time to do it. It is very inspiring. Admire your creativity. Wishing you a lovely week, with positive experiences. Love from Denmark and Leila

Bärbel said...

Das Buch ist traumhaft schön, die Farbkombinationen finde ich sehr harmonisch und die Gestaltung der Tags so wunderschön, großartig!

Marisa Job said...

Wow!! What a beautiful tag mini book, love all the pretty details, every tag is stunning!!

Ros Crawford said...

Sooo lovely!!

craftytrog said...

Simply beautiful project Astrid! Love it! xxx

CreativSpirit said...

What a beautiful little book. Very inspiring.