For my first post this month I decided to make a little tag book, that can be used to keep some happy memories of a journey or other special occasion.
These are the stamps and products I used:
Postage No 1
Journaling Words 2
Tim Holtz Papillon
Distress Stains Variety of colours
Distress Inks in colours to match the stains
Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium Matte
From my stash:
Smooth white paper
scrap book paper
The booklet is made up out of 5 different tags, each made in a very similar way:
1. Squeeze some Distress Stains onto your craft mat, include either some Picket Fence or a Metallic Stain as these are more opaque and give some "body" to your background.
2. Once you are happy add some further depth of colour by blending Distress Inks in matching colours over the stains.
3. Stamp a background stamp in a matching colour of Distress Inks. I used the Ephemera 1 stamp for each of mine.
4. Stamp some of the other label and postage stamps on white paper (I used matte photo paper), cut out and colour with distress inks.
5. Collage your cut out images, other ephemera and postage stamps onto your tags using the matte medium
Here are my 5 tags:
I kept the back of my tags quite plain, just covering them with scrapbook papers and creating a pocket here and there to keep notes and other bits and bobs picked up during travel.
|One of the backs with a little pocket and journaling tag|
|Two further pockets made out of mini envelopes covered with paper and then coloured and stamped like the tags.|
The covers were made in a very similar way. I cut two pieces of vanilla coloured card, slightly larger than the tags, I then added some Kraft card between the stamped front and the scrapbook paper back. I used the Tim Holtz Papillon stamp as vocal image after creating my background like on the tags.
Well, I hope you liked this project and sorry for all the many photos, but I hope you have enjoyed it and feel inspired to make something similar yourself. I love making little books like this, they are small enough to fit in a hand bag and great to keep memories of a journey!