Friday 18 April 2014

Inspiration Hanging by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers! Today I have a piece of hanging art to share with you.
I actually took some step-by-step photos for once! Lol!
Here's what I started with, a piece of corrugated packaging, & some leftover strips from Gelli prints & other projects.
I began by brayering some Snowflake Fresco Finish paint on my packaging. Then I used a mini brayer to apply some colour. As you can see, I used Zesty Zing, Beach Hut & Autumn Fire.
Next, I stamped in a few places, using Calligraphic Mat 11 & Black Archival Ink.
I then used Ranger Glue & Seal Matte to glue down my painty strips, alternating positioning them vertical & horizontal.
I used the Crafter's Workshop stencil, Dina's Mini Boulders, which at the time of writing, is on special offer HERE, & applied Grunge Paste through it.
When the GP was dry, I re-positioned the stencil, & sponged Autumn Fire paint over the top.
I stamped the Journaling Mini Words onto white card, then cut out the words I wanted to use. I used Glue & Seal Matte to attach them to the circles, then added shading to the words & circles, using a black aquarellable pencil.
I inked the edges of my artwork, then matted it onto black card.
I finished by adding some metal eyelets & some ball chain.
Here's my finished hanging again...
Thanks for dropping by,
Alison xxx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic hanging Alison, the Gelli Plate strips make a great background for the circles.

Helen said...

I love this Alison, love the use of the strips of gelli printing, and your colours are fab!

Julie Lee said...

What a great idea to use the strips and - of course - corrugated packaging is fabulous! This is a great piece of art! Julie Ann xxx

Becky said...

Great hanging Alison as I am writing this I have a piece of corrugated card looking at me
Becky x

Unknown said...




Waouhhhhh super
Bravo Alison
Monique

Anonymous said...

What a fun piece!! Love it!! The colors and design are fabulous. I really like how you created the layered background!! ~Sophia

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, Alison - this is completely fabulous! So glad there are step-by-steps, as I loved seeing that glorious background building up - beautiful colours that have really made my heart lift!
Alison xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous, amazing what you can do with a bit of old box !
Corrie x

Karin said...

wow I love this, its gorgeous!
Groetjes Karin

Anonymous said...

I like your use of the Gelli Prints. This has such a dynamic feel to it.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous! Love how you used up those gorgeous strips.