Wednesday 10 February 2016

Where there is love tag by Debs

Hi All

Debs here with my latest little creation in the form of a tag, and the first person that comments my deliberate mistake can win the tag.  I will also do my best to get it to them before valentines day ;-)


I started off  doing some printing with my gelli plate,  and this is when the fun started  I decided to use Distress Paints so out came all of my reds.  Candied Apple made its appearance first with a nice couple of squiggles on the plate, next came Barn Door and this lovely little container of paint usually works with a gently squeeze to get some extra paint out!  This is what happened when the gentle squeeze didn't work


You can imagine what the gelli plate looked like lol!  Anyway I digress, after cleaning up and progressing with the actually printing i came up with some prints ready to be used, the cream is Antique Linen Distress Paint.
I used a #10 tag (one of the big ones) and having decided on the prints i was going to use I added one of these to the tag. And added some bottle top marks with candied apple.


Then i added a smaller piece to one side ripping the overlapping edge and colouring with Candied Apple Distress Ink.


I stamped the large heart from The roses are red plate onto adhesive canvas i had already painted with the candied apple from gelli plate, which is what is giving the heart that lovely mottled effect.  


I also stamped and folded in half two more hearts and glued these to an extra canvas heart the folded hearts then create a 3D effect, which also looks nice.  


I also used the swirls mask and some of the other heart stamps to add some extra dimension to the tag and edged the tag and the canvas hearts with Black Soot Distress Ink  I also stamped the Where There is Love quote onto another piece of the canvas and frayed the edges!


I added an extra canvas heart to the side and snipped the edge of it


Added some black lace to the bottom, and some ribbon and fibres to the top and a touch more black soot around the edge!
As always do let me know what you think I really do appreciate your comments as we all do, on Facebook or on here we don't mind.  
Don't forget to enter the challenge I shall look forward to seeing your creations
Happy Crafting 
Debs







8 comments:

Glennis F said...

Looks lovely, but what is the blue spot in the centre

Sid said...

Looks brilliant Deb !

Notations of a Crafter said...

Thank you Glennis and Sid. The blue spot is a fleck in the fibres Glennis. I didn't notice it until I uploaded the picture

Stig of Crafting said...

Where has the love gone !!!!

Unknown said...

HEheheheh - so cute the comment - where has the love gone???!!! Smiling big!!! Yes - it's gone for sure but replaced with really lovely hearts. It was fun to watch your steps Debs. Very pretty! j.

Notations of a Crafter said...

Well done Stig of Crafting if you would like to message the shop we will get the tag straight out to you. Thanks Joi, glad you liked it

sarascloset said...

I enjoyed watching your steps...I've had a similar experience with my Distress paints. Those little sponge tops never worked for me. You've taken away all the love and replaced it with something more figurative. Ooops! I'm late!

Notations of a Crafter said...

Sorry you missed out Sara, but thank you for joining in the fun!