Hi Everyone Dee here today with the second part of my post and
continuing the theme heart art. This is the inside of the box and is
called the love letter as she has it all secreted away in her love
box the photo of her love and his letters all held
together with a gold heart.
I painted the inside of the box with distress paints and spritzed them so the
colours mingled together to give a lovely warm red.
For the letter I used an old craft coloured envelope which I stamped with
the Calligraphic Mat 12 and used Distress inks both Walnut Stain &
Vintage photo. Around the torn edges I distressed with
running vintage photo round.
I glued two different sized beer mats together to create my note photo
keeper. this was coloured with the same distress paints that were used
on both the lid and the inside of the box.
This was then stamped with the bark background stamp from The
Artistic Stamper, Archival ink was used on the stamp & black soot
was applied to the edges of the matt.
I tore a strip of the craft paper off and stamped with the calligraphy matt
in black archival and glued it down the middle of the matt.
Gold embossed heart see link here to previous post for the box. The photo's
were then attached as was the film strip which I attached with
The ornate corner was then applied.
Well that about sums it up I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as
I have creating it.
If there is anything you are not sure of please contact Jennie at the shop I am sure she will be able to get it for you. I hope you all have an amazing Valentines day and see you again towards the end of the month. Please feel free to leave a comment as these are what inspire me
and make doing these projects so rewarding.
Cheers Dee x
- Artistic Stamper stamps:- Calligraphic Mat 12, Bark 2 Background, Doodle Bubbles Background size A6 & Neil Walkers Large Heart.
- Distress Paint in the following colours:-Barn Door, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, & Wild Honey.
- Distress ink:- Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain & Black Soot.
- Jet Black Archival Ink.
- Gold embossing powder & & Embossing ink pad.
- Other pieces from my stash to include film strip Tim's Ideaology, beer mats, Old photo's, brads & Metal Ornate Corner.