Thursday 21 May 2020

After The Lunch by Jane

Hi all. I have started doing a journal of a collection of a few of my favourites.... verses, poems, quotes, sayings, passages from books that I like...etc. well, my absolute favourite piece of poetry is one by Wendy Cope, entitled 'After the Lunch',  the minute I read it I likened it to me and the relationship that I was in at the time!!.
 I used the fabulous window image from the ARCHITECTURE stamp set as it has a relevance to my memories of the guy.


I stamped out the whole of the poem inside the little book where the window theme flows the way through. If you are wondering how it goes......

On Waterloo Bridge where we said our goodbyes
The weather conditions bring tears to my eyes,
I wipe them away with a black woolly glove
And try not to notice Iv'e fallen in love.
On Waterloo bridge I am trying to think
This is nothing, you're high on the charm and the drink,
But the jukebox inside me is playing a song
That says something different, and when was it wrong.
On Waterloo Bridge with the wind in my hair
I am tempted to skip, you're a fool, I don't care,
The head does its best, but the heart is the boss,
I admit it before I am halfway across!!








2 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful piece Jane, love it xXx

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Awww thank you so much Angela. X