Wednesday 12 January 2011

Melt Pot Mad! by Tina Barnett

Hi Gang!



Now for a change to my card making I thought I would share with you some of my Melt Pot Madness!

I love to use Background stamps and embellishments together with my melt pot.

This is a script stamp by The Artistic Stamper.

I have used a Ranger frame, placed on the stamp and poured in the melted UTEE , so you get a beautiful piece of art to use on your cards. For the second piece I placed I clock embellishment in the center before I added the UTEE , . Both times I have removed the frame so that it can be used again. Make sure you use Versamark ink on the stamp so it will release more easy.
My next background is the Baroque background design by The Artistic Stamper
I have used different embellishments in the center, a round sentiment disc with a key, a crown and lastly a little black heart. I have left the black heart piece in the frame as I will make it in to a bracelet or choker necklace.
Next I used the Regency Background, available from The Artistic Stamper.
I have used a clock embellishment this time, you can see that the clock is partly under the UTEE , but this just makes it more interesting! I love how the UTEE , takes on the shape of the stamp and the metal embellishments. So much fun!!
Next up is The Artistic Stampers gingham type background. It's like a tiny grid design.
I have made two pieces of jewellery this time, using Tim Holtz button embellishments. I have to say I LOVE them!! As with the others I have brushed the finish piece with Mica Powders. I love the look, but if you wanted to you could bling them up more adding more embellishments such as a little butterfly or flower.
Now, the last piece is different to the others as I have taken a Mabel Lucie Attwell stamp, also available from The Artistic Stamper.
I have chosen part of the stamp and using the same method as before poured over the UTEE , . Once the piece sets you get a negative image of the stamp, I used some Metallic paint to colour the raised parts of the image. I will make a grungy card with this image to include this piece of art work some time in the future.
I hope you have enjoyed looking. The main thing to remember is to just have a play! The best thing is that if you don't like what you make you just melt it down again!

Once you start I bet you get as addicted as me!

Check out the The Artistic Stamper online store for details of the stamps and all your melt pot needs!

Have fun!!!!! See you soon.

Tina xx

15 comments:

Unknown said...

This is stunning x Leigh x

Anne said...

Thanks Tina, these projects are fab and makes me want to get my melt pot out, haven't used it in a while so just the nudge I need.
Have a good day
Anne xxx

Minxy said...

Fantastic stuff Tina, love the different verity :D

Lori said...

HOLEEE Crap! I love this idea! Idea-ology in UTEE - pure genius! Love, love, love it! Oh, did I mention that already? lol!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh, how clever and beautiful!

Shirl said...

This is just too cool! I just got my melting pot last week...can't wait to play with it this weekend! :D

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

ooh you played with my favourite medium! love what you have done :)) Mabel looks brilliant !
xx

Daniele said...

brill ideas and a great tutorial, just need to open my melt pot now and have a go, like the idea of removing the frame and just using it as a container for the utee......brill
hugs

Helen Pigott said...

Interesting and a great way to show background stamps, thanks for sharing.
Helen x

Joanne said...

Brilliant. You have that technique off to a fine art. x

Ellie Knol said...

I MUST have a melting pot soon! LOL
These are gorgeous...

Siobhan Brignull said...

ooh need to get melt pot out now, love finding new things to try, many thanks :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab Melt Art Teens xx

Vic said...

Great melt art! TFS

Anonymous said...

Love a bit of melt art Tina! Your pieces look brilliant! xx