Monday 11 July 2011

St. Nick Canvas by Sioux Jenneys

Hi! It's me again, and I'm here to share a little seasonal canvas :)


1. I started by die cutting two branches from the Mini Branch and Leaf from thick card and added copper Inca Gold Croco (Distress Crackle paint antique bronze might be a good alternative)....I did not put a very thick layer on and was pleased with the delicate cracks that appeared to make the branches have a bark effect ;)
...I added some liquid pearl white oyster on the edges to replicate snow.
2. I then cut a plaque shape out of clear shrink plastic and stamped the Seasons Greetings from Mini Christmas 1 in StazOn and lightly coloured the back with gold Paint Dabber before shrinking.
...I then added some more gold Paint Dabber round the edges.
3. I stamped St. Nick from Mini Christmas 1 onto tissue paper next using Archival black and roughly tore around the edges of the image.

4. I started the 7cm square canvas (similar ones are available here) by coating with Claudine Hellmuth Studio gesso then after it was dry added a bit of Inca Gold cream paste in the corner where St. Nick was going to go and some Adirondack Dimensional Pearl Acrylic in cranberry and bottle.


5. I attached the tissue paper St. Nick image using some natural beeswax and added a bit more Inca Gold paste to highlight the edges and some of the texture created by the wax.

6. The branches and greeting were attached using silicone glue and I separated one of the exquisite small and large bauble danglers, on special offer here, to hang from the branches and cut a very thin strip of tartan ribbon to tie two little bows, again attached with a little silicone glue.



Hope you did not mind a bit of Christmas so early in the year!  See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

5 comments:

Helen said...

It is a bit early, but we'll forgive you cos this is lovely!!

Joanne said...

Wow, so many techniques on this. It's lovely and making me wish for this year's Xmas 'cos, weather permitting, we are going away. Yippee.
Hugs Joanne xx

Crafting Queen said...

Super canvas!!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

ooh Christmas in July! lol

craftytrog said...

Christmas is always good IMO Sioux! Great little canvas! xxx