2. Then I masked the image....I have included a close up to show how the cut mask does not actually cover every bit of the image...it is much better that it does not actually, as the background images you use to over stamp will blend in much better.
I then used two of the lovely skeleton leaves from Leaves size A5 to over stamp the background using Distress Inks in scattered straw and bundled sage.3. I've also taken a picture of the cutting of the mask. (I'm too switched on today folks!! LOL). As this is quite a detailed image there is no getting away from the fact you really need to use a scalpel knife to cut out some of the intricate bits in the middle....I know it's a faff!...but honestly it is worth it and you don't have to do every last detail either...the mask...even though made of normal copy paper...
will last for at least 20 more uses if not more depending on the amount of ink and how gentle you are with it! LOL
4. Take off the mask.
5. I decided the central flower needed a bit of shading around it for definition, so used a Distress Marker (tea dye) to colour round the edges of the image and fill in the central area.