I thought i wouldn't be much of a guest, if i didn't play along with the current challenge,
which is to alter something.
This little bag contained my hubby's latest Christmas gift
(yep, that's how long i've had it around to do something with it).
And this is what i turned it into:
First i applied a layer of gesso over it and cut out fitting pieces of cardboard out of an empty packaging. These pieces of cardboard were used to reinforce the little bag so that it would keep a nice shape once glued inside. To make them look less 'packaging like', i applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges.
I made a drawer to put inside the bag: i cut the pieces out of the backcover of a watercolor paper block (which is 2mm cardboard).
I simply glued them together...
...and reinforced the structure with gommed kraft. I dressed up the inside with kraft cardstock.
I added some stamping using the Ephemera stamp set using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and Black Jet Archival Ink.
When i came back to my studio the next morning, i had a bit of a surprise: the gesso and the layer of paint i applied on the bag didn't adhere to it. Only thing left to do was to peel it off... and search for a solution: i needed color that would stick to this non poreous paper bag...
Adirondack Alcohol ink!!! That did the trick!
I blended Cloudy Blue, Sailboat Blue, Eggplant, Ginger, Latte and Caramel.
I stamped some of the Ephemera and the Air Mail stamp set onto a BoBunny paper scrap (12"Midnight Frost Crystals) and on a strip of kraft cardstock with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and Black Jet Archival Ink.
And guess what: it's the perfect fit for atc's!
Your turn now, go! Go alter something!