Hello to you all Wishing all of you a very Happy New year!
I hope you all had a very good Christmas and are
looking forward to a very crafty 2015.
I was very lucky my son's bought me the distress stains for Christmas
and this is my first play with them.
For my first post of 2015 I have created a card made from the Artistic Stamper's
fabulous Neil Walker stamps and the dragonfly from the insects &
butterfly plate and lots of lovely embossing.
- Distress inks in the following colours:- iced spruce, vintage photo, wild honey, fired brick & walnut stain.
- Distress stains spray in the following colours:- wild honey, fired brick, iced spruce & tarnished brass.
- The following Artistic Stamper Stamps:- Neil Walkers alphabet soup & boarder set + the dragonfly off the insects and butterflies.
- Gold & clear embossing powder.
- Small coloured beads and home made beads for the centre body please see my blog.
- Ranger distress stickles in the following colours:- aqua & copper.
- Deco art liquid glass.
- Gold ink pad.
- Viva Ferro, ledger stencil.
Firstly I coloured a piece of white card with distress inks blending off a craft mat.
I used wild honey, vintage photo, iced spruce and fired brick.
I sprayed water onto my fingers the flicked it across the card and mopped up with tissue
& repeated it until I was happy with the result. I then used my distress stained iced spruce
and lightly spritzed it. I inked the Neil walker alphabet soup stamp in gold
and stamped the bottom and top right.
You can just see it faintly, next I inked up the boarder stamp with
Walnut stain distress ink and gently put gold embossing
powder so it didn't cover the entire stamped image,
then heat set.
I cut out a square and from the piece of coloured card I then cut
another piece off and a third and arranged it
out on the original cut square.
I then inked up the boarder stamp with walnut stain. Without
putting it on a block I just placed the stamp where I wanted it
on the third piece and then covered it in clear embossing
powder and heat set. Ferro paste was put through the date
on the ledger stencil on the bottom left hand side.
The edges were run along the versa mark ink pad then swiped
through gold embossing powder to finish the square off.
For the dragonfly I inked it up with walnut stain stamped it
onto distress coloured card which was clear embossed.
I sprayed the wings with tarnished gold, wild honey
and fired brick spray stains. Decoart liquid glass was
applied to the wings and allowed to dry.
The main body of the dragon fly is made up with a bead I made
please see my blog. The head is again beads made up
from sequins and from my stash also copper stickles. small seed beads
were glued around and then I a dot of aqua stickles to finish.
Wire and a bead were used for the antennae. Finally mounted onto
black card and attached onto a white card. Well that's it for today
I hope you have all enjoyed this post please feel free to
leave a comment or two.
Cheers Dee x