Saturday 4 July 2020

Framed!..by Jane

I am proud to say that every piece of work that is framed in my house is work that I have done, yes, mainly cross stitch  that I have done years ago, a  couple of paintings that I am quite proud of,  a painting that my Grandchild did, oh and one from Cuba that is a fantastic impasto painting of Che Guevara). So for this months in the home" challenge I have painted a ...erm....its not a frame, it is the part that goes inside the frame to frame your artwork, but my mind has gone blank as to what it is called, is it the apperture?. 
Anyway, I started by painting it silver, then stamped and embossed the GEARS BACKGROUND in places, 

I then added some rust effect with paints and  grit paste, I mean...who doesn't love a bit of rust!!


2 comments:

sally said...

You mean the mount? It looks great 👍🏼

Sally

Fonda said...

I think you might call that a mat.