Monday 21 April 2014

Background stamps part II by Titbelsoeur

Hi crazy stampers !
2 weeks ago, I showed you how I had made an original background spraying ink on my stamp instead of inking it with a pad.
The card I am showing you today was made with the 2nd use of the stamp, I had just sprayed some water to revive the colors, hence the shadows here and there :



I then enhanced my background applying Broken China and Worn Lipstick Distress inks through the Dot Masks with foam.

Since my Architecture stamps were on my table, I stamped the word "Art" and the column again, and completed with Chevron Elements, Messy Art arrows and "I made this", a clock and a Gibson girl on to a book page :






To make this card, I used :
Dot masks
Archival ink
Dylusions Inks  
Distress inks and foam
and stamps :
 
Chevron Elements
Background stamps : Linen and Calligraphic Mat 13
Architecture plates : Art and column
Gibson girls
Time
Journaling 

And I have tested this technique on to other supports and with other stamps. Some results looked great, others were not convincing or simply ugly, it really depends on the stamp you use, anyway I am sure I will use this technique again, using the stamps that match with it... Some outlooks :

 







 and I have swept the leftover on pages of my artbook :






I would be very happy if my technique does inspire you, 

thank you so much for stopping by, 

I am looking forward to reading your comments !
Do not hesitate to ask for any help !


A tout bientôt,


6 comments:

selena said...

ta carte est superbe! Tes essais de tamponnage sont supers et font des fonds intéressants. bises

rachel said...

stunning makes - those stamps look wonderful xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant Tit! Love your finished art piece, but I have to say, some of your other experiments looks fantastic too! Specially love the one with the hexagon background and your left over pieces in the art book, wow, great journaling starting points! Brilliant, I really must give this a try!

Sid said...

Simply fab art !!

craftytrog said...

Brilliant techniques Tit! They all look amazing!
Alison xxx

Anonymous said...

Great ideas & the card is gorgeous.