Saturday 23 August 2014

Journey of the Butterflies by Dee

Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the summer.
Today I have a tag for you.


I put grunge paste through a Tim Holtz cargo stencil to spell Fly.
Once dry I painted the tag with Fresco Finish Paints in the 
following colours Inky Pool, South Pacific,
Beach Hut, Ice blue, Hey pesto &
Guacamole. 


Once dry I stamped the flowers from Encyclopaedia Botanica down both sides
in black archival and highlighted areas with pumpkin soup and ice blue.
The newspaper print from the stamp I stamped with snowflake
down the right hand side at the bottom of the tag.


To the left hand side I stamped the squiggle line from the borders plate
 in chipped sapphire and gold embossed it. On a separate piece of card I
coloured it with distress inks in wild honey and faded jeans
I then stamped the flowers from the botanica plate,
and the butterflies from the insects and 


I triple embossed the clocks of the Tick Tock plate and cut them out.
I used a small clock face to finish this off.


Once I had cut out the butterflies and flowers and highlight areas I
 embellished the centres with sequins and beads.
Next I sprayed the butterflies with perfect pearls in Blue Patina,
Cappuccino and Heirloom gold. The wings were then
 highlighted with glossy accents.


Small beads were applied to make up the bodies of the butterflies along with


The bottom was finished off with a Tim Holtz die cut painted in gold leaf.


That's all for today I hope you have all enjoyed this project . 
Please feel free to leave me comments 
Happy stamping!
Dee x


Materials used :- 
Fresco Finish paints, Inky pool, South Pacific, Beach Hut, Ice Blue,
Hey pesto, Guacamole, pumpkin Soup, and snow flake.
Distress inks, Faded Jeans, wild honey, glossy accents.
Perfect pearls, Blue patina, Cappuccino, Heirloom Gold.

14 comments:

Deborah Wainwright said...

I think this looks apsolutely stunning love it!

Nancy said...

This is so Gorgeous!!! All those tiny details are Incredible! Love this!
Nancy Y :D

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning tag!! Adore how you did the flowers and butterflies and that triple embossed clock looks amazing, so clever! Another fantastic make!!

massofhair said...

Sensational Tag, loving all the butterflies and dimension. The colours are sublime:-) xxx

itsazoo said...

Really, really lovely......

crafty creations said...

Absolutely stunning Dee and thanks so much for the "How too\"

Gerrina said...

A beauty! I pinned it so I can use this one as inspiration for a creation sone...

Art By Wanda said...

A gorgeous tag!!!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Gorgeous tag! I love the wonderful colours.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fabulous project Dee!! love the embossing

Donna Ellis said...

How GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for the tutorial, and for sharing your amazing talent (such luscious colors!)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful.

mamablitger said...

Dee your tag is fabulous. Love the colors you used. Love the effect you created on the butterflies. And adore the triple embossing process you made on the clock.. It makes such a great impact.. LOVE it.
Thanks a lot for sharing and for a great tutorial as well !!!
Hugs from SPAIN

craftytrog said...

This is a stunning piece of art Dee!
I love everything about it!
Alison xxx