Wednesday 3 September 2014

Earl's


Hi everyone hope you are all well, and feeling crafty!
Today I bring you a picture using the new stamps
 from Debbie Cotton.


I had this collage frame I covered the base in a cream 
acrylic paint and dried.


Next I used weathered wood, frayed burlap & pumice stone 


I put the three paints on a craft mat & spritzed with water & then
 I swept the cream painted board through the paint. I dried 
it and swept it through again and the spritzed
 the board with water, then dried with
a heat gun.


I grunge board with a Tim Holtz Die and painted with the 
fresco finish stone. Then I used the same distress
paints around the edges and a bit of 
aged mahogany then I blended
 it all with my finger.


I used the crafters workshop specimen stencil and put grunge paste through it. 
Once dried I painted the frame with Fresco's Finish french toast
& dried it. I then applied crackle glaze over the flat area's
 & allowed it to dry. I painted nougat over the top
 & applied white fire treasure gold.


I stamped the Earl's automotive stamp onto tissue paper.
And coloured it with mahogany distress paint.
I carefully cut out all the images
and stuck onto the sign
and canvas.


over the rest of the canvas at the bottom I used the A6 Boarders 
stamp and the cogs of the Tick Tock plate.


I fixed the sign with jump rings and fixed to the top
left hand side. All the stamps used here today are 
for sale at the Artistic Stamper. That's it from 
me today although I will be doing an extra 
post this month. Please feel free
 to leave a comment.
Dee x



6 comments:

Dagmar said...

It's great!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous project Dee, both the frame and the inside look brilliant with that new Debbie Cotton stamp! Love the way you did the sentiment too!!

Unknown said...

really love this piece! especially love the sign! and the funky car, very 1950's illustration based!

Daniel Stubbs said...

Love the different textures and detail gone into this, very rustic looking! I really want this on my bedroom wall, Amazing job!

Words and Pictures said...

This is beautiful, Dee - I love the textures on the frame with the double whammy of the grunge paste and the crackle, and the ageing on your hanging sign is just perfect. Fab background too - altogether brilliant!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

That is terrific. I love the texture & the sign & the car look great.