Hi everyone Dee here with a couple of altered beer mats. Looking at
the photos it looks a bit dark but it actually is quite pale.
Firstly I put texture paste through a stencil when dry covered
it in a coat of gesso or thick cream paint if you don't
Next I used the paint in pale blue, green, pink violet & orange.
Spritz each colour as you apply it drying in-between.
Once happy with the result stamp the random dots from the boarders plate
& the 3 large circles from swirls splats and dots plate in black
archival ink. Colour the dots on the small open dots images with a
white gel pen and the large circles use gesso to colour.
take a fine black pitt pen and scribble a zigzag line round the larger circles.
To finish the effect apply the Black Soot Distress Spray and
activate with water.
Stamp the fish image from the sea side 1 plate on white card and cut in half.
use the glitter paste see below around the edges. Also use it through
the circle stencil, along with crackle paste colour with
a silver wax.
Swipe the edges with silver once finished.
That's it for today folks I hope
you enjoyed it.
Cheers Dee x
- The Artistic stamper stamps:-Borders A6#2, Swirls Splats and Dots, Seaside No. 1 # 018.
- Stencil 6 x 6" - Cobbles, A various sized circle stencil.
- Any Acrylic paint spritzed with water so it becomes translucent.
- Modelling paste
- Black soot distress stain spray.
- White gel pen or sharpie.
- Crystal Stickles/ clear 3D gel with glitter mixed through it to create a glitter paste.
- White Gesso and crackle paste.