Tuesday 29 March 2016

Bright card by Gemma


 Hello Everyone

A quick, bright, fun card from me today. using a gelli plate background, and Lesley's floral stamp plate.


I covered my gelli plate with pink acrylic paint and placed a piece of card over the top that I had already cut to 18 cm square. That was my first of three layers, the second layer was orange paint and the petal mask. Finally I added some circles from large dot mask with white paint and around the edges. 


Using black archival ink I stamped a few of both the large and the small open flowers, from Lesley's flower plate. I blocked the flowers in with gesso, so I could paint on top without the background colours showing through.


 I painted the flowers blue so it gave quite a contrast to the background, I used the same blue acrylic to paint them just adding white to some to change the tone. I added the word create from the words mask


Using a black paint pen, I went around my stamped images and the word create, I also added some stems and leave to the smaller flowers and a boarder of dashes around the edge.


Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)

1 comment:

Sid said...

Lovely design and colours !