Wednesday 16 March 2016

Flower card by Gemma

 Hello Everyone

Its great to see so many of you joining in with this months challenge, and there is still plenty of time to get involved. Don't forget that you can now join in on our facebook challenge page here.

I made a card for this post as I have a few birthdays coming up, and I keep getting in trouble for sending shop bought ones (I can hear the gasps of shock, from certain people as I am typing).


I cut a piece of red card and kraft card to 18 x 18 cm square. On the Kraft card I drew a 1.5 cm frame around the edge and two wavy lines across, roughly the same width. I then cut away the middle sections with a craft knife.


Using the sections I cut on the kraft card as a guide I drew faint lines on the red piece, to mark where I wanted to stamp. I used the solid floral background in two sections and the open floral background in the centre section.  I heat embossed the stamping with white embossing powder.


I then stamped on to the kraft card using distress ink and the random dots background. I then went around all the edges of the card and glued it in place over the red piece.


Before I attached this to the card blank I taped red and brown ribbon to the back, and once glued to the blank I tied each into a bow at the front of the card.


On left over scraps of card I stamped the large flowers from the open floral background stamp and heat embossed them with more of the white embossing powder, before cutting them out.


I arranged them around the bows I had made, and glued them in place, adding some ring tabs from drink cans for some added interest.



Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)

2 comments:

Sid said...

Fabulous !!

Unknown said...

Oh my - so unique and really wonderful Gemma. ADORE this. Wow. Xj.