I have a bit of a butterfly theme going on this month. For this post I decorated a 3D frame that measured 20 x 20 cms.
To start I coated the frame in a white paint to prime it. Then I put some Fresh Lime, Dylusion paint and basic florescent green acrylic on my craft mat. I applied the different paints to the frame blending them together as I went. It took two coats to cover the frame.
Once dry I applied some grunge paste through the Random Dots mask and some gilding wax along the inside edges of the frame, once the grunge paste was dry I also brushed gilding wax over the paste.
On sheets of acetate I stamped out butterfly's and columns from the architecture plate, and butterfly plate
Using my fingers so the paint was applied fairly thickly I applied Titan Buff and different shades of grey acrylic to the backs of the columns. When cutting the pieces out, I had to remember to leave tabs so they could be glued in place on the frame.
On the back of the acetate sheet with the butterfly's I sprayed different ink sprays including cherry pie and lemon zest Dylusion sprays.
Gluing the pieces into the frame was very fiddly and I ended up making little stands from acetate to prop everything up.
I then added a strip of green paper along the bottom to represent grass and some die cut swirls from patterned paper.
I then stamped the same butterfly's onto card stock and coloured them in with pens, gluing the acetate butterfly's over the top. Then I just had to glue them into place on the frame.
Thank you for reading