Wednesday 1 August 2018

August's Creative Challenge - Anything Goes!

Hello!
Welcome to August's  Creative Challenge. Thank you to everyone who joined in last month's challenge.. it was a not at all Distressing to see such gorgeous creations! 


This month the theme is Anything Goes, and can be interpreted any way you like, as long as it has rubber stamps on it.    To join in with this challenge (we are limiting the challenge entries to 3 per person), is simple; all we would like you to do is, make a piece of artwork, making sure that you include the theme and some rubber stamping. Pop back here to link up using the Inklinkz at the bottom of this post, so that we can see what you've made and then, leave us a comment to let us know you have joined in with the challenge.

 As always, there will be candy for one randomly picked entrant - the winner will receive a stamp of their choice from The Artistic Stamper .


In addition, you can enter the same challenge on Facebook! There is no prize on there, it's just for fun!


To join us on just go to our new Facebook group, and send us a request to join..
And don't forget....if you use The Artistic Stamper stamps on your entry, you will entered into the draw, twice! To get you started here are creations fron some of the team...



I have a canvas board to share with you that I decorated for this months challenge of Anything Goes. All the paints I used were tester pots from the DIY store and I loved how the canvas worked out mixing them with great stamps from The Artistic Stamper. You can find out more here. 




Titbelsoeur


Anything goes : let's make a tag !
First you cover with black gesso a tag you have cut out of a cereal box. 
Then you colour a piece of drawing paper with sprayed distress ink.
And you stamp Artifacts - Postscript with Archival ink.
Then you hide it with a piece of paper and stamp Artifacts - Times Past 
 all over the paper, and ink the borders with your ink pad.
You stamp "I am... creating" from Journaling Words #5 A6 
cut it out and stick it on the tag, in-between a piece of dry and used baby wipe you have torn.
The final creative touch is to stick a piece of the dry paint you collect on your colour tube...





You can be forgiven if you think that I stamped the hydrangeas on a book page, but it was actually an image transfer (or is it called a resist technique??) from a magazine page done on the gelli plate..a Birgit Koopsen special!. The image didn't come out too well so I just added some light stamping with the Tracey Scott Background 6 stamp, then stamped the flowers onto a gelli print, cut them out and stuck them onto my background, then added the sentiment, both from the Botanical 3 stamp set.






I first created two backgrounds, one slightly larger than the other with Tracy's Background 8 stamp. On the larger on I added Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and on the smaller one I added Shaded Lilac. 
I mixed some texture sand paste to a smearing of Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and made another batch with worn Lipstick Distress Ink and mixed on to a craft mat. I added the two mixes to a separate piece of card. When it had dried, I tore a piece of the card and added it to the background.
I then coloured a another piece of card with the Seedless Preserves ink and stamped Neil's Heart stamp on to the card, then cut them out and adhered the hearts over the top of the textured card. 


We hope that you will join in this month's challenge, and also join us on Facebook too.
We look forward to seeing your creations. Don't forget to add a comment when you have posted your entry.
Have a very creative  month
Jennie xx



12 comments:

ionabunny said...

Linky not open yet???? Hugz

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful and unique inspiration, thank you x

Craftyfield said...

Lovely makes from the DT!

Wendy said...

Wow...awesome design team samples. Thanks for the easy "anything goes" challenge this month. It is always fun to ink up and play!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, there are so many beautiful creations from the Design Team for this month's challenge 😀. I'm so pleased to be able to join in the fun too, thanks for the inspiration and wishing you all a Happy August! J 😊 x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Wonderful Inspiration and it's great to be joining you again x

Janis said...

Ooooooooh....I love all the yummy inspiration! My fave today is Jane's lovely floral page with the interesting transfer technique she used.
Thank you for another super-fun challenge!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Très belle inspiration de la DT.
Merci pour ce beau défi.
Bises.
MaryannG

Very nice inspiration from the DT.
Thank you for this beautiful challenge.
Hugs.
MaryannG

Paper Wishes said...

Great to have an open challenge, tank you for the inspiration and invitation to stamp!

Fikreta said...

Team made wonderful projects!

Pat said...

Lots of great inspiration from the DT and also a wonderful gallery of cards too. I would just like to apologise as I realise that I foolishly linked up my card (No. 34) and I unusually for me used a digital stamp which isn't allowed ...the clue is in the title of the challenge and this should have ocurred to me...definitely a senior moment...lol. Please delete it if you so wish and I will remove the link from my blog. I do have another card which I did stamp on so will come back with that. x

Karen Petitt said...

Thank you for the challenge and beautiful inspirations Karen x