Tuesday 13 November 2018

Junk Journal by Angie Coomber

Junk Journal


Hi everyone!

For this month's "Square it" Challenge I wanted to create a junk journal. This is such a good stash buster and they make lovely little gifts for just about any occasion.

For this particular journal I used a rectangular envelope which I folded in half to make the cover, and gessoed the outside.



I then finger painted, first with the 3 colours shown in the pictures, as well as stencilling with the same colours, using the Artistic Stamper Mini Stencils. I added some black and white patches, as well as black stencilling and stamping in matching colours, using The Artistic Stamper script stamps and Tracy Scott background stamps.





I used some old scrapbook papers from my stash to make page inserts (as well as decorating the inside of the cover), which I stitched into the spine of the envelope cover. I often mix up the "page" sizes a bit which makes it look more interesting, as well as using old book pages, letters, doilies, gelli print pages or whatever else I can find!



I covered the gummed part of the envelope with some homemade gelli print stickers and attached a simple punched circle & bakers twine closure.



I stamped one of the Artistic Stamper butterflies for my focal image on the front of the journal an used a white pen for the doodling. As always there's a quote to complete the project!


Hope you like it, I would love to see other peoples' junk journals!

Angie x



No comments: