Wednesday 16 January 2019

January Blues by Siobhan

Hello

Its that awful post christmas time, when all you can see is household jobs that need doing and all you want to do is hibernate in your craft space.

Well I sneaked some me time and made a simple little card, which I think is quite striking and also has loads of potential for other crafty projects.


So first of all I chose three toning colours from my Paper Artsy paint collection, then I measured and masked off the three panels. I did two layers of paint to get a more intense colour, but looking at it now, I think three might have been better. Once dry I added a simple silver line to the outer edges.
I then stamped my favourite butterfly stamp, from the Tick Tock set, (the reason I love it, is it's a blank canvas so you can make the wings hold whatever pattern you want), I used the hexagon background stamp (another great set, well worth investing in as it contains four different backgrounds) and then coloured in a few hexagons with toning pencils. I attached to the card and added a transfer sentiment from my collection.



and here are the products I used.

So Happy New Year everyone and I hope you also find some me time to craft in.


1 comment:

sarascloset said...

Love the simplicity of this and that gorgeous butterfly!