Thursday 22 January 2015

Butterflies and Gems


Hi everyone I hope you are all good and that the new year finds you in good health!
I have loved this stamp but have never been able to do it justice but I 
think this wooden wall plaque,


might just do it justice.


I started of with putting texture paste through a memory stencil and allowing to 
dry naturally, then I covered the entire plaque with gesso.


Next I painted the entire plaque black. 


Once dry I highlighted it with Treasure gold in spanish topaz and white fire.


I triple embossed gold embossing powder on black card 
I then pressed the butterfly stamp into the molten
powder.


Once it had set I removed the stamp I had a rummage in my gem 
box and found the centre piece for my butterfly.


I took my alcohol inks in stream and denim and applied them 
to the butterflies wings.


I dyed some lint in steam Adirondack colour wash.


Some sequins from my stash and some gems to strewn across the 
stream lint.


A small piece of friendly plastic that I had from a previous project 
to finish off at the bottom. I really hope you like my plaque as 
always feel free to let me know what you think.

Cheers Dee x

Products used



18 comments:

massofhair said...

Stunning textures and colours Dee can see why you happy with your project, it is so beautiful:-) xxx

liberal sprinkles said...

This is gorgeous answer so many great techniques used. thanks for sharing.
Grace

Jane said...

Stunning it looks like a jewel sitting there. Gorgeous colours x

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Gorgeous texture again, Dee. Loved your butterfly the most!!

Sid said...

Such a luxurious project !

crafty creations said...

Wow Dee this is amazing all that gorgeous texture and wonderful colour xx Hilda

Notations of a Crafter said...

Absolutely Stunning Dee, beautiful colours and textures

Astrid Maclean said...

Amazing piece of textured art! Love how the vibrant turquoise makes it all pop! The textured butterfly looks amazing! The effect of the alcohol ink on the EP is so cool, love this!

Asha said...

OMG this is absolutely the most beautiful thing I have seen in forever - it is so wonderfully and creatively done and just "fits" so perfectly together. I LOVE LOVE LOVE butterflies, and gold and texture and these blues and turquoise colors .... the gems and things make it stand out perfectly. I wish it were mine! :) Great job Dee - your work of art is truly very beautiful and inspiring!

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Absolutely stunning...such lovely textures and the colors are awesome! I just love that butterfly! Lovely creation.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A gorgeous make with lovely use of colours!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Dee,
I am loving everything about this piece of Art. It is unique and full of texture which is always appealing to my eye.
Smiles:)
Sue

Jools Robertson said...

Beautiful jewel creation
Love the fab textures and gorgeous colours
A fabulous treasure

Jools x

sarascloset said...

Beautiful! Love the textured background.

mamablitger said...

Awesome piece of art. Fab texture and colors. Gosh LOVE it !!!
Thanks a lot for sharing this pretty piece of art.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

craftytrog said...

It looks amazing Dee! xx

Words and Pictures said...

It more than does it justice, Dee - it takes it to a whol new level. What an absolutely stunning creation... I'm completely bowled over!
Alison xx

Nan G said...

Beautiful plaque! Love the colors and the fab textures you've created.