Monday 16 April 2018

Owl Tag by Gemma

 I am in love again with all thing crafty and tag related, so I have one to share with you all today that fits in with our challenge theme of Birds and Bees. You can join in the challenge here on the blog or over on the facebook page. 


What I did 😀


I started by placing blobs of Slate, Caramel, and gesso onto my mat. I picked up the paint with a small card and scrapped it onto the tag. sometimes I only picked up one colour and other times all three. I kept layering until I was pleased with the result.


I then stamped over the top with one of my all-time favorite stamps Chicken Wire and Hazelnut coloured ink. When I stamped this I wanted it to be 'bitty' I like the areas of missing ink and different colour intensity. 


Then I spread a thin layer of Purple Rain over my mat and used that to stamp the smallest bee stamp from the set repeatedly over the tag. I stamped quite a lot of bees over the tag I wanted it to be busy but not uniform.


While that was drying I painted some chipboard from my stash scarlet and then stamped over the top with the Honeycomb background stamp and slate paint. I spread the slate onto my mat as I had done with the bees but this time after stamping in Slate I mixed the paint with small amounts of gesso and restamped, I did this a couple of times, before drying and gluing the chipboard to my tag.


To finish I just added some flowers, beads and the metal owl from my stash before gluing in place I stamped onto the flowers with the honeycomb stamp and more paint.

xx Gemma xx

1 comment:

kksb said...

Let me be the first. Your tag is sensational. Love all the texture. Way to go!