Tuesday 10 July 2012

Fly Away by Emma

Hello everyone...Emma here and I'm back with my first piece of July. For this piece I decided to make a mini canvas and I hope you like it!!!
Here's a list of products I used:
And this is what I did:
First of all I covered a mini canvas with Adirondack Paint Dabbers. I then applied Snow Cap paint to the dots stamp and randomly stamped onto the canvas. Next, I overstamped the dots with black Archival Ink and the circle stamp. I then added more Snow Cap paint through the Letter Jumble Stencil over areas of the canvas. I also stamped the edges of the canvas using one of the stamps from the Borders #2 stamp plate.
I used the Raspberry Paint dabber to cover some Grungepaper before stamping the outline of the butterfly onto it. I then carefully cut round the outline and added them to my canvas with a Game Spinner in the centre of their bodies.
I finally added the Chit Chat Stickers and a Curio Knob to my canvas!

So, that's it from me for this time and I'm really looking forward to reading all your comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look at my little creative piece and don't forget that we still have our Circles challenge running until the end of the month and we'd love you to join us...

See you all again soon and bye for now!
Emma x

16 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That is beautiful. Love the colours you've chosen for that piece.

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...very striking Emma, your colour choice is just yummy, the butterflies are gorgeous, just loVely to look at & admire...& superb canvas with a delicious curio knob to complete...LOVE it...Mel :)
Emma your photo's are always so crisp and bright how do you achieve that?

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

For sure ! I don't like it, I LOVE it !!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love this canvas, the colours fab...love the background! Fab piece! Trace x

kassa said...

Top marks Emma for an eye-catching stunning mini canvas. Great colour combo and very clean, fresh 'n' crisp. Lovin the quirky addition of the knob too!
Kxoxo

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wonderfull, gorgious, I really love this canvas!!!Ilove the contrast of the colours a lot!!!Great work!!!

Greetings
Maria

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

What I admire about this piece is its totality - not a canvas for the sake of being a canvas - no, a well-thought piece of connected elements held together by delicious design and artistic ability in abundance! Another Williams Winner.

Sarah said...

Amazing work as always Emma! Love the colour combination you have chosen!

Sarah x

Artyjen said...

Love the colour combo....it makes a really cute canvas ;)
xoxo Sioux

craftytrog said...

beautiful colours, a fab piece emma xx

Janny Jager said...

Very nice and beautiful colors you used.

Greetings Janny

whyducks said...

Love this!

Redanne said...

Wow, this is a beautiful and very stiking piece, love it all.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful canvas Emma, the colours and so lush and they really pop! Love it :) xx

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, the colours are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Love those 3D butterflies on your canvas. Super inspiration here and so happy I just found this blog. :)