Wednesday 11 December 2013

Seasons Greetings by Emma


Hello everyone!

Today, is my turn to share here at The Artistic Stamper and for my piece, I've created a hanging ornament. As an alternative to the traditional Christmas colours, I thought it would be nice to have something a little bit different and because I love the look of chalkboard, that's what came to mind and here it is, my hanging chalkboard ornament ~ hope you like it!
To create this, I gave an MDF bauble two coats of Black Soot Distress Paint, allowing it to dry between coats each time. Next, and using the Seasons Greetings and Holly bough stamp from the Mini Christmas 1 stamp plate, I stamped directly onto the painted bauble with Versamark ink and applied white embossing powder over the top, then heat embossed, until it was molten and shiny.
I used a piece of chalk to create the chalkboard effect onto the black paint and then added some Snowflake Fresco Finish paint around the edges before sealing the whole bauble with a coat of Mod Podge. 
 I created my poinsettia with Tim Holtz's Tattered Poinsettia die from Sizzix and added some glass glitter into the centre. I used some die cut foliage which I coloured with Iced Spruce Distress Ink and then sprinkled with Rock Candy Distress Glitter. To complete the bauble, I added some rusty wire and distressed some seam binding, which I added with some twine to create the hanger.
So, that's it from me for today and I'll see you again later in the month.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I'm looking forward to reading your comments.
Love Emma x

13 comments:

massofhair said...

No question, i want one, now!

May i use your idea ro make one of my own?

Totally fabulous Dahlink :-) xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Oh Emma this is really lovely - I like that it is different. X

Paula Whittaker said...

this fab Emma - looks just like a slate heart.

Astrid Maclean said...

Being firmly in love with the chalkboard look myself, I love your little ornament Emma, like Paula says, it just looks like slate, perfect!

Anonymous said...

I assumed this was slate until I read the post properly. So, not only are you adept at transforming a given set of products into something truly unique, you are now making bespoke items for the project before you get going on the Make! Ah-may-zing!

Emma Burns said...

This is really lovely Emma, Like it a lot xx

Hettie said...

This is absolutely exquisite Emma. Don't use the e word very often - too tricky to spell! LOL.
Hugs
xx

Words and Pictures said...

It's so pretty!
Alison x

Theresa said...

Emma your posts are always so inspirational and amazing. i wish i had a quarter of your talent xx

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

What a beautiful hanger !!

Artyjen said...

Great effect ;) Looks fabulous
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The red poinsettia looks great against the black & white.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

That's just fab Emma! You are so clever.
Hugs
Tina
Xxxx