Tuesday 22 September 2015

Wings & Petals by Dee

Hi guy's I hope you are all well! I have the butterflies off 
the insect and butterflies plate.
I have used Adirondack colour washes to colour the background.
Neil Walkers alphabet soup boarder stamp coloured
with Fresco Finish Bora Bora paint.
The artistic stamper petals mask was used on the left hand 
side and 3D gel was put through and allowed to dry.
The Butterfly from the insects plate was stamped onto Adirondack 
Coloured card I then used crackle accents on the wings.
I sprinkled white embossing powder over and heat embossed
from underneath.
\
Turquoise wool was wrapped round.
Once the petals were dry I clipped with gold guiding wax.
Thank you for popping by and don't forget to let me 
know what you think.
Cheers Dee x
PRODUCTS USED
  1. Artistic Stamper Stamps used are the main butterfly of the Insects & Butterfly's plate, Neil Walkers Alphabet Soup, Artistic stamper mask petals.
  2. Adirondack Colour wash in the following colours:- Lettuce, Purple Twilight & Sunset Orange.
  3. Prima 3D Matt gel, and sequins from my stash.


7 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Cor!!! That is drop dead gorgeous Dee! A new set of stamps, masks and products I have to get soon. I love this beautiful piece and I don't have those beautiful butterflies so they are at top of the list. Thank you so much for sharing how you created it too, absolutely astonishing work and inspiration off the floor! Clever, talented artist you are Karen x

Sid said...

Great multi-media project !

Nan G said...

Stunning! The butterflies are simply gorgeous! So glad to see someone using the Adrondack Color Wash sprays. Thanks for sharing how you made this. Hugs

Unknown said...

This is truly INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL Dee. Love the background and the embellies. They set your LOVELY butterflies off perfectly. j.

sarascloset said...

This is magnificent, Dee! I love those butterflies and your idea to sprinkle white embossing powder then heating from under is genius way to achieve such a fantastic impact of a splash of light.

Jackie PN said...

What gorgeous butterflies Dee!! xo

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning colours, gilded petals, and amazing glossy crackle on the butterflies - this is fantastic, Dee!
Alison x