Wednesday 4 May 2016

Crystal Encrusted Flourish Chest by Dee

Hi everyone Dee here with a encrusted chest that 
I have made out of various techniques.
I started with putting modelling paste in the middle and 
corners of the box.
Once a skin had formed on the modelling paste I used the 
flourish from the ornate 2 plate to stamp
into the paste.
I used silver sequins from my stash to embed in the modelling
 paste.
Next I covered it all with white gesso followed by 
crackle paint on the lid sides.
Deco arts prussian blue hue was painted on in washes
till happy with the result.
A mix of silver, pewter, white & turquoise embossing powders 
was used to add extra interest.
White embossing powder was sprinkled over to add 
to the contesting colours.
I triple embossed the flourish into melted embossing
 powder.
A close up.
Another showing micro beads that I applied around the 
corner and the base of the box.
Thats all for today thank you for popping by.
Cheers Dee x
Products Used
  1. Artistic Stamper Stamps used were the Flourish BackgroundFlourish Ornate 2
  2. Deco Art Prussian Blue Hue.
  3. Modelling paste
  4. Crackle paint
  5. Embossing powders 


3 comments:

Wee Von said...

Wow! I love it!!

Wee Von said...

Wow! I love it!!

Sid said...

Great multi-media piece !