Wednesday 25 April 2018

Birds and Bees month - with a twist...

Hello, Lisa here with another inspirational look at April's theme - Birds and Bees. 
But with a twist... I've used butterflies.

I used The Artistic Stamper A5 Insects and Butterflies stamp set, which has a gorgeous collection of winged creatures. 

My previous creations for this theme included bees and birds. So, this time I went with a more pretty version of a winged creature - butterflies. 

Of course, there is no limit to what winged creature you could have using this technique. 

Here is my creation...



I coloured a piece of white card with Distress Inks using Mustard Seed, Cracked Pistachio and Blueprint Sketch. I then sprayed the inked background with water and left to dry.



I used The Artistic Stamper 3 x 3 Harlequin Mask with the same colours of ink to add some depth.



I then stamped the butterflies and coloured them them with Carved Pumpkin, Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.


I stamped the word 'fly' using black ink then 
over-stamped with Carved Pumpkin Distress Ink, and lightly brushed Blueprint Sketch ink over the top. 



To finish, I matted the background on to Kraft Card.


Thanks for popping by.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx




The stamps and stencil I have used are available on The Artistic Stamper website


Insects and Butterflies 1 A5  (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)   The Artistic Stamper Mask Harlequin 3" X 3"      Decay Alphabet lower case size A5 (cut out and mounted on cling cushioning)