Tuesday 18 February 2014

Dance to the Music by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers! I have a painty tag to share with you today.
This tag started off when I used up some paints that were left on my craft mat after another project. There was black, white & some blue Fresco Finish paints in the mix.
I used some distress inks, picked raspberry & spiced marmalade, to ink the tag, then knocked the colours back by using a brayer to apply snowflake FF paint. After that, I sponged some bora bora FF paint through a Crafter's Workshop stencil.
Here's how it looked at this stage...
I stamped the outline dancer & the phrase from Sioux Jenney's Dance Plate, onto glossy card, using jet black archival ink, then cut them out. I stamped the dancer again, onto a Gelli print painted scrap, cut out just the tutu, then stamped the 'Dance' bodice on another scrap & cut that out too. I glued the bodice & tutu onto the dancer, then glued her to the tag with glossy accents.
I stamped the ruler from Ephemera Plate 1 down the left side of the tag, then stamped 'perfectly fitted' on the bottom edge. I added a few words from the Dance Plate, then finished off by stapling some gingham ribbon & the cut out 'Dance' phrase to the top of the tag.
I hope you like my tag,
thanks for visiting,
Alison xxx

16 comments:

Helen said...

It's just gorgeous, Alison - love the colours, that touch of spiced marmalade is fabulous!

Alex said...

Love your tag, Alison! And my little daughter as a ballet-dancer was intrigued by it.

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow Alison this is really lovely . I love your background and I WANT that stamp. Fantastic tag xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's beautiful, Alison - love the painty background, especially those Bora Bora numbers - and the dancer looks fabulous with her texty bodice!
Alison x

Artyjen said...

Fabulous tag...love the shoes you have added! ;)
xoxo Sioux

Julie Lee said...

This is so full of life an vibrancy! I love how painty and textured it is, just brimming over with colourful technique! A joy! Julie Ann xxx

massofhair said...

Beautiful Tag Alison, great layers & colours, fab images & enjoying the paper piecing tutu.

:-) xxx

mamablitger said...

Wow... LOVELY tag Allison. Love the details. Thank you for sharing !!
Hugs from SPAIN

Hazel Agnew said...

Like it? I love it! you are sooo clever. When I look at where you started I am in awe of where you ended up. Tis amazing! And very inspiring!! Xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A gorgeous tag.

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, totally love your tag! That background looks amazing and I adore how you finished it. Fantastic use of those stamps!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

A great sense of movement on this tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Sid said...

Fab tag Alison !!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, lots of lovely layers & colours.

Becky said...

Great tah alison love the colours.
Becky x

hazel said...

A wonderful tag Alison.
xxx Hazel.