Thursday 13 February 2014

40 years of Love

Hello everyone, Astrid here and thanks so much for stopping by!

Well, seeing it's the day before Valentine's day I just had to post my Valentine's card for my hubby.... As it so happens, it is also his birthday tomorrow, so this will serve for both.....
Here is a list of the stamps and other products I used:
Stamps:
Other products:
Distress Paint in Picket Fence
Label Letters by Tim Holtz
Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany, Festive Berries and Walnut Stain
I also used various die cuts, flowers and other bits and pieces from my stash, including a rusty heart, as well as a 6 x 6 card blank from Kraft Card and a sewing machine.
I started by cutting a heart shape and stamped the Regency Background and Calligraphic Mat 12 in Picket Fence. Once dry I inked over it with a mix of Aged Mahogany and Festive Berries Distress Inks and darkened the edges with Walnut Stain. I lightly wiped over it with a baby wipe to bring out the stamped resist.
Next I cut a piece of valentine paper from the Seasonal Kraft Resist collection. Distressed the edges and then stitched around it with my sewing machine. I adhered it to my card base with my various die cuts and other embellishments.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the Grungy Greetings set in Potting Soil archival and added it along the side.

 The final bit was that I added a rusty heart still with the little letter stickers as somehow it still seemed to miss a vocal point.

Well, that's it. Dear hubby and I have been married for 40 years and he has received quite a few of my cards over the years as you can imagine. I know he will quietly indulge me with this one, as he does with most of my crafting efforts.......


Wishing you all a very happy Valentine's day, giving and receiving love is surely something to celebrate! I'll leave you with a little quote:
You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not. – Jodi Picoult.



27 comments:

mark gould said...

Beautiful x

massofhair said...

Stunning card Astrid i am sure he is always delighted & surprised by your wonderful creations.

Hope you both have a wonderful day celebrating:-) xxx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Card is wonderful, Astrid! Distressed background and flowers and vibrant red heart, just awesome!

Annie said...

Awesome card! Your creativity is wonderful inspiration. Love your crafty works.

Debi said...

Just gorgeous Astrid!! love that grungey heart :) Debi x

Helen said...

it is gorgeous!! Hope he has a lovely birthday/valentines day.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my GOSH! This is stunningly beautiful.

Redanne said...

It is a stunning card Astrid, I just love the beautiful hearts and the flower embellishments are gorgeous. Your hubby is a lucky man! Anne xx

Redanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliz Design Post said...

Love your card Astrid. I am sure hubby will be delighted with it. Enjoy your day of celebrations.
Julie x

Artyjen said...

What a lucky man to be receiving that gorgeous card. Wishing you a very happy anniversary and a loved up Valentine day too ;)
xoxo Sioux

Jennie Atkinson said...

Such a stunning card Astrid - the hearts are beautiful and the flower/leaf cluster is just wonderful. Enjoy your celebrations x

rachel said...

wonderful card astrid - I'm sure your hubby will adore it xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Loooooooove this card Astrid!!! The colours and textures are simply perfection as always. Your hubby is a very lucky man and I'm sure he adores every single one of your creations. I know I do!! Fabulous piece!! ox

Sid said...

Fab Valentine creation !!

Maryanne said...

Gorgeous card, Astrid! I'm sure your husband will love it!

Paper Profusion said...

It's beautiful Astrid. May you both have the happiest anniversary yet - congratulations! Nicola x

Kelly said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful details to make him smile! Have a blessed anniversary on the great day of love!
Hugs Kelly

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous card, I'm sure your OH will love it.

May said...

Stunning card Astrid, I adore all the wonderful detail...your lovely DH will love this I'm sure...I do... Hugs May X X

Words and Pictures said...

How absolutely and utterly lovely, Astrid... the vivid red heart, the cream and ivory accents and the fabulously grungy background - it really is a very special card!
Alison xx

Geraldine said...

Gorgeous card, love the neutrals with the pop of red, and the textures.

Marisa Job said...

Another stunning creation! Your hubby is going to love it! Congrats again!!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

your cards are always so stunning !

toni said...

A gorgeous card Astrid ! Love all your embellishments x

craftytrog said...

So beautiful & romantic Astrid! xxx

Dianne said...

WHOOT WHOOT what a fantastic card,the colors are fabulous from the red heart and the gorgeous flowers, and the lovely grungy background, I love it and I know your hubby will too, congratulations on your big 40th, thanks for sharing..