Hi everyone! Welcome back to my second creation at The Artistic Stamper. With my appearance being scheduled for the 14th I had to make something for Valentines Day. I chose to make a romantic themed altered book. I had made altered books before, but this time I wanted to make something slightly different and after much thought I decided to turn it into a box. This was a lot of fun because I had to figure out how to do it - and the journey of discovery of what works and what things you 'should never do!' is always something I really enjoy!
For this I used the same white paper that I used for the cover and this time I swiped Forest Moss, Walnut Stain and Gathered Twigs Distress Stain all over the paper, then spritzed with a little bit of water. I scrunched the paper up in my hands and then unravelled it (very carefully!) I dried this with a heat gun and used Distress inks - Walnut Stain and Gathered Twigs with the blending tool to fill in any gaps of colour. I then wiped across the paper lightly with the Walnut Stain pad. This adds very intense colour to the creases. I then dried it carefully with the heat gun again.
A Tim Holtz bookplate was used to decorate the front
and a metal clasp was attached to the card with brads to hold it shut.Botanical 3 in Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. I randomly stamped the images and then dabbed a bit of the ink over the roses to create a subtle faded effect. I used Shabby Shutters Distress Stain to add colour to the leaves and then used Antique Linen Distress ink to fill in around the flowers. A bit of Walnut Stain Distress ink around the edges added a bit of a shabby vintage look. When this was done I glued it to the inside of the book cover.
stamps resembled an old faded photograph when stamped with Potting Soil Archival ink and covered with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I also used the map backgroundrose was stamped with Potting Soil Archival ink and coloured with Tattered Rose Distress ink. The leaves were painted with Shabby Shutters Distress stain and the background of the picture was covered with Broken China Distress ink before being edged with Vintage Photo Distress ink. Calligraphic Mat 6 was used to add script around the edges.
Thanks so much for being here to see my Valentines day creation at The Artistic Stamper - I really hope you like it! I will be back here with my final creation on the 28th - Hope you will come back to see what I have made!
Gibson Girl 5
Carte Postale Size A5
Men's Plate 001
Gibson Girl 5
Europe Map Background
Calligraphic Script 6
Other items used:
Distress Stains - Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs and Shabby Shutters
Distress Inks - Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Broken China and Embossing ink
Distress paints - Antique Linen
Archival Inks - Potting Soil
Fresco Paint - Old Gold, French Roast and Mocha Mousse
Claudine Hellmuth Studio -Matte Multi-Medium
Distress stickles - Rock Candy
Inkssentials - Glossy Accents
Embossing powder - Clear