Sunday 9 December 2012

Joyful Tea-light Holder by Alison

Hello Stampers! Today, I have a decorated wooden tea-light holder to share with you.


I started off by giving the tea-light holder a couple of coats of Claudine Hellmuth Studio black gesso
Once this was dry, I stamped the Snowflakes on all four sides & the top, with Versamark ink, then embossed with silver embossing enamel. I did it one side at a time.

I stamped the sentiment from the Stamper's Anonymous Joyful Song plate, then cut out just the word 'Joyful', to fit behind an Ideaology Ornate Plate. I coloured the image with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, glued it behind the frame, then applied a layer of Glossy Accents on the top. I set this aside to dry.


I used red line tape to stick the end of some white & silver ribbon to the front of the holder, wrapped the ribbon around, the secured the other end with more tape. I glued the Joyful frame on top of the ribbon joins, then used two small screws to secure it to the holder.

I finished off by sticking clear gems to the centres of the snowflakes.

Thanks for looking,
Alison xxx

12 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...stunning work Alison, the embossed snowflakes against the black really stand out and make this a very striking piece...Melxx :)

Redanne said...

A really beautiful make Alison, love the gorgeous twinkly snowflakes and the joyful frame finishes it all off beautifully. Beautiful! Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely... the silver snowflakes look amazing against the black, and I love the bookplate with its beautiful framed word... gorgeous alteration!
Alison x

Bumblebee said...

Beautiful project. Black and metallic are such a good combo!

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh this is gorgeous and such a fantastic idea, love it! Such great colours too, the black and silver makes it look so classy and I love how the Joyful stamp came out on the ornate plate.

Unknown said...




waouhhhhhhhhh que des bravos
bise monique

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! I love seeing stamping on home decor pieces. This is fabulous with the ornate plate and all the embossing!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! I love seeing stamping on home decor pieces. This is fabulous with the ornate plate and all the embossing!

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic idea and a wonderful tea-light holder.

Lori said...

Gorgeous Alison! Cool idea!

Artyjen said...

Great idea...looks fab! xoxo Sioux