Tuesday 11 December 2012

A Joyful Christmas by Emma


Hi everyone, Emma here! Today, I'm sharing a very special Christmas card that I made and as always, I hope you like it...
To begin with I covered the front of my card with a piece of the paper from the Holidays Past Paper Stash, matted over a piece of red card. I aged the edges of the paper, to give a vintage look to the card. I stamped the image of Santa and coloured him using Distress Marker pens. I added a piece of the Frosted Film over the top of the image before putting it behind my die cut frame, which I'd stamped with the Marble Background stamp and then blended the cream cardstock with Old Paper and Frayed Burlap DI. I then matted the completed artwork onto a piece of green card.
Next, I die cut all my pieces to make up the Tattered Poinsettia, the Holly leaves and the Tattered Pinecone branches. I blended the Poinsettia petals with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and the leaves, etc with Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters. I then added some Rock Candy Crackle Paint over the top of all the pieces. Once they were dry I assembled the Poinsettia and added a pearl to the centre of the bloom.
Next, I arranged and attached my artwork, Tattered Poinsettia and all the die cut leaves to the front of my card.
I threaded some Seam Binding from my stash, which I aged using different neutral shades of DI, through one of the Idea-ology Hinge Clips and attached one of the Locket Keys and some twine onto it.
I finally stamped the "A Joyful Christmas" message onto a piece of Manila Cardstock and carefully cut it out before attaching it to the front of my card.
So, if you still haven't made that really special Christmas card...I hope I've given you a little bit of inspiration with this project and HERE'S THE LIST OF WHAT I USED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations Die ~ Holly Branch
Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations Die ~ Vintage Cabinet

Thank you for taking the time at this busy period to stop by and have a look at my little creation, I can't wait to read all your comments.
See you soon...Emma x

16 comments:

Janeyc49 said...

Absolutely beautiful

Janet

Inkypinkycraft said...

great card trace x

Caroline said...

Like it I love it the card is gorgeous the colours and design are beautiful and I love the poinsettia. Caroline xxx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...this is so beautiful Emma it has such a lovely feel to it and puts a heart felt smile on my face, stunning work...Melxx :)

Helen said...

Just stunning!

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fantastic card Emma, love everything about it!! But my favourite bit is probably how you added these ideaology bits and the ribbon to the side of the Santa panel, it just makes for the perfect balance to the wonderful poinsettia.
Stunning creation, love it!!

hazel said...

This is such a beautiful card, I love it.
xxx Hazel.

craftytrog said...

Your card is stunning Emma! xxx

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty and delicate card with so many elements that even the most hardened Christmas heart could not fail to appreciate.

With regard the new or seasoned crafter, how could we fail to admire the careful thought and intricate processes behind this piece of artwork, Emma? Another Well Dome from me.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous as ever!! Well Done Emma xx

Sid said...

Gorgeous card !!

Words and Pictures said...

Delicious... love the frosted film over the beautifully tinted Father Christmas! As ever, such detailed, lovely work...
Alison x

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiul Emma.
Love it.
Greetings Janny

Artyjen said...

Love the colours...such a pretty xmas card :)
xoxo Sioux

Bärbel said...

Eine wunderschöne und nostalgisch anmutende Weihnachtskarte, toll!

Julie Brooks said...

Wow! Gorgeous card Emma. I love everything about it. Hope you had a good Christmas and I wish you a very happy new year for 2013. xx