Thursday 20 December 2012

Merrie Xmas from Alison

Hello Stampers! It's my last post of the year, & I have a last minute Christmas card to share with you today.
I took a size 10 manila tag (8.5 x 4.125 inches), and ripped about 2.5 inches off the end.
I used a Ranger craft scraper to swipe sky blue Studio paint randomly on my tag, then spritzed some Dylusion inks, crushed grape & squeezed orange, through a couple of Crafter's Workshop stencils.
I stamped some script (Calligraphic Mat 11) with manganese blue Archival ink, & snowflakes (Christmas Greetings 2) with deep purple Archival, then edged the tag with the deep purple ink.
I stamped the little girl image from Victorian Christmas 1 on my tag, then on the leftover piece of my manila tag, I stamped the image again. I cut out the little girl & fireplace, then used the Dylusion Inks & a waterbrush to watercolour, before attaching it over the top of the image on the tag.
I coloured some white ribbon with the crushed grape Dylusion ink, tied it to the tag, added a couple of silver charms, then matted the tag on a kraft card to finish.
I'd like to thank everyone for the wonderful support & comments I have received over the year.
Wishing you all a magical Christmas & a very happy new year!
Alison xxx

6 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - what a cool card! The ripped tag is great, and your colours are stunning, Alison!
Alison xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

It is stunning in real life :)) Thank you Alison, and Happy Christmas to you xx

Maggie said...

Fab card Alison love the tag design

Merry Christmas to you and everyone on the Creative Team thanks for sharing all the gorgeous inspiration and hope I can play along more in the New Year!

MaggieH xx

Julia S-W said...

Love this very much. The colour palette is a refreshing change from the normal traditional colours too. Gorgeous!
Juliax

Deborah said...

It's beautiful. I really like the colours you've chosen.

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful card Alison.
Greetings Janny