Friday 14 December 2012

O' CHRISTMAS TREE by Mel Hookham

...hello everyone, it's Mel here, I'm back again to share with you my second piece as Guest Designer for the month of December, this time I'm using the delightful Calligraphic Mat # 12, a very versatile stamp that will become a firm favourite of mine...
...I covered a sheet of plain white paper with random blending's of salty ocean & bundled sage distress inks, then with timber brown StazOn the Calligraphic Mat was inked  up and again the entire sheet was stamped...when heat set the sheet was roughly torn into strips...
...the bottom edges of each strip were given a smattering of shabby white frantage, love this amazing stuff, then adhered to an acetate cone...
...well there you have a shabby chic paper tree, very quick and simple to make with this wonderfully versatile stamp...hope you like, I'll be back later in the month with my final piece...thank you so much for dropping by today...
xxx




19 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

This is gorgeous, I love it!

Caroline said...

I love the tree it's gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Redanne said...

Love Fran-tage, love the stamp and love your gorgeous tree! Hugs, Anne x

Inkypinkycraft said...

a gorgeous tree Mel, full of style and your gentle touch, fab make trace x

Helen said...

Mel, this is fantastic! I MUST add Fran-tage to my wish list...!

Sid said...

Lovely project !!

Kath Stewart said...

wow Mel...love your shabby Frantage tree...absolutely gorgeous what a great idea hugs kath xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your gorgeous tree Mel, - hm will have to check out this Frantage stuff as I have no idea what it is, but it certainly looks very cool on your project!!

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful stamp! WONDERFUL TREE..adorable!

craftytrog said...

Truly wonderful Mel! xx

Janeyc49 said...

Really lovely x

Words and Pictures said...

What an absolute delight - I'm a sucker for anything with a script stamp and this is stunning - so effective! (I'm sort of glad your cats forced you to come up with this additional project...) Wonderful, stylish work, Mel!
Alison x

Jenny Marples said...

Love your literary tree Mel. Such a clever idea. Hugs, Jenny x

Von said...

Cool tree :)

Artyjen said...

Such a lovely idea...a beautiful tree. xoxo Sioux

fairyrocks said...

LOVE this frosty little festive tree. Just so pretty.
Keep smiling and creating

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

Janny Jager said...

Lovely tree Mel.
Great idea.
Greetings Janny

Julia S-W said...

Elegant and stylish mel - this is gorgeous.
Juliaxx