Monday 24 December 2012

Winter Wonderland...by Emma


Hi everyone, it's Emma here and I'm sharing my final post of this year and I just wanted to wish you all a very happy Christmas with this special card...
To begin with, I used an 8" square card blank and then covered the front, with a piece of pale blue card, leaving a border of the white card base showing all around. I then matted a piece of the patterned paper from Tim's Seasonal Paper Stash over the top. I added a piece of seam binding across the front of the card and attached a bow to the strip of ribbon, together with some paper string, also tied into a bow.
Next, I stamped the image of the snowman onto a piece of white card and painted it using a combination of Distress Markers and Distress Inks, which I'd applied to my craft matt and then lightly misted with water to give a watercolour paint. I then blended the edges of the card with Old Paper DI. I added a piece of the Frosted Film over the top and matted the completed image onto a further piece of the pale blue card and attached it, next to my bow on the front of my covered card base.
I used a piece of chipboard to die cut the word "Snow" using the WordPlay die and then added Glossy Accents over the top before covering each letter with the Crushed Glass Glitter. Once the letters are dry, I added these to my card.

I then used some of the papers in the pad, to die cut various sized Snowflake Rosettes and gave each of the rosettes a good coating of Rock Candy Cracklepaint. Once the paint was completely dry, I attached the completed rosettes onto my card front, adding small cabouchon pearls to three of the snowflakes and then Chit Chat stickers onto the fourth.

Finally, I completed the card with some Candi in the four corners.
...and here's a list of what I used to create my card:
Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations Die ~ WordPlay
Silver Crushed Glass Glitter ~ from my stash

Seam Binding from my stash

So, that's about it from me for today, and for this year...I can't thank everyone enough for all your love and support that you have shown to me, and to the whole team throughout 2012!
We really do appreciate all your comments and your visits!!!

All that's left for me to say is...
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!
 See you in 2013...
Love Emma xx

14 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a stunning card to finish off your Christmas crafting with, Emma! This is unbelievably lovely - the snowflakes look sensational, and the frosty lettering is fabulous... this is a huge WOW from me!!
Have a wonderful Christmas; see you on the other side!
Alison x

slbt17 said...

very pretty!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Sandra ltb

Norma Gomez said...

This is wonderful, I love it! Have a Very Merry Christmas!!

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab card. Love the sparkly snow! X

Astrid Maclean said...

A great card Emma!
Hope you have the most wonderful Christmas with some time to relax!

Helen said...

Way to go!!! This is beautiful Emma. Love the blueprint stamp. Hope you and your family have a very Happy Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Wow, so very beautiful. Have a lovely Christmas.

Redanne said...

A truly stunning make, love the colour of the gorgeous seam binding ribbon, it really sets the card off - gorgeous. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Anne x

Anonymous said...

OMG! Stunning - one of my Top Picks of Xmas cards etc from you, Emma. I pale in your shadow ... but am currently ordering the gaps in my Promarker stash so I can concentrate on colouring in 2013.

It feels right too - the encouragement from sites like this one is everreaching to folk like me - well done ALL of you and a BIG THANK YOU.

Enjoy Christmas & New Year - Happy 2013.

Joanne said...

This is 'snow' gorgeous

Sid said...

Love the dimensional effects on this piece. Have a fabulous Christmas !

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful Emmma.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Creative 2013.

Greetings Janny

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Emma! Merry Christmas to all! xxx

craftytrog said...

It's gorgeous Emma! xxx