Saturday 20 July 2013

Inky Bookmark by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers! Thought I'd make myself a bookmark for all the holiday reading I'm going to do...I just need to book a holiday now! Lol!


Here's how I made my bookmark...

I scribbled some Distress Stains on my craft mat (salty ocean, ripe persimmon & tarnished brass). Spritzed with a little water, then laid an A5 piece of white card in it. I dried it with my heat gun, then dipped the card again, to pick up some more ink, dried it again, until I had a background I liked.

I cut my bookmark (approx. 20 x 7 cm), then inked the edges with salty ocean Distress Ink.

I stamped the leafy vine from the Nature Is Art plate, using salty ocean DI, then the Round The World balloon with Archival Black ink.


I stamped the balloon & basket, & the phrase from the Travelling Words plate onto some left over background, cut them out, inked the edges with salty ocean DI, & glued them to the bookmark.

I matted the bookmark on black card, laminated it, then to finish, I added a black eyelet & some matching fibres to the top.

Hope you like my bookmark,
thanks for reading (no pun intended!)
Alison xxx

13 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

this just popped out at me on my reader..beautiful book mark!

Helen said...

It's beautiful! Hope you find a suitable holiday to take it on...!

Astrid Maclean said...

Very col, amazing background!!

Zuzu's Blog said...

i love this bookmark.. very clever use of the background and the globe. fab colour choices. you need a copy of "Around the world in 80 days" to put that in. x

Faye said...

Such a vivid and beautiful bookmark. I love the colors tremendously. And on your black blog background, they are so brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours.

Unknown said...


Superbe coloris
Bravo alison
Monique

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - what a brilliant colour combination - and the stamping is fab!
Alison x

Anonymous said...

The colours hint of the exotic and there is an air of mystery to this.
Beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

mark gould said...

absolutely beautiful, I love those colours and the stamps fit the mood perfectly x

~*~Patty S said...

WOW your colors are fabulous Alison...♥ your pretty bookmark very much!
oxo

hazel said...

Absolutely fabulous Alison - love the colours.
xxx Hazel.

Artyjen said...

Ooh! Very very lovely. Great colours and so rich.
xoxo Sioux