Sunday 14 July 2013

Inspire by Mark Gould


Morning all, Hope you are all enjoying the fantastic weather we have been having recently.
I'm back (Mark) with my second Guest DT piece and I have another canvas for you. This is a small 5x7 inch flat large post card sized canvas and was pre gesso'ed.
The back ground was inspired by a post by Andy Skinner on the acrylic drip technique, I started by wetting the canvas a little and applying my colours, I used Deco art Traditons acrylic translucent paints, once applied I sprayed with water to get the colours to run together and bleed in.Once dry I sealed it with some glue n seal.

It was then time to stamp, I used black archival ink and one of my fave stamps, the Mail Art Me stamp by Donna, I masked the bottom section off as I only wanted to use the image of the girl.
 I also use the word 'inspire' from the Journaling Words 2 set, the Hearts are also from the same set.
I then used a Stencil from The Crafters Workshop and applied some Dream Weaver paste that I mixed with some acrylic paint to colour it.
The edges were swiped with black archival ink.

 Sorry for the slightly blurry pic :(
I coloured it with a grey blue acrylic paint, when it was dry I gave a very light rub with some Treasure Gold in Topaz and then a very light swipe with some White Acrylic paint, I used my fingers for this.
It was given another coat of glue n seal and then I went to town with Decoarts 2 Step Crackle medium.
Once the two step had dried I rubbed in some black acrylic paint and wiped the excess off with a baby wipe.
Thanks for stopping by, Ill be back towards the end of the month with my last post. 


10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - that crackle effect is something else, Mark - amazing! The silvery blue textured text is great... Glorious vivid colours, and the stamp looks stunning at the centre of it all. Great make!
Alison x

Unknown said...

The whole piece is lovely. You make it sound so easy to do x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Another fabulous piece Mark xxx

Jenny Marples said...

The crackle definitely takes this canvas to another level Mark. Love it. Hugs, Jenny x

Redanne said...

Wonderful colours Mark, just love that crackle effect you created and love that word mask too. This is a beautiful piece of art. Anne x

Kyla said...

Lovely and bright (just up my street) and the crackles are brilliant.

Kyla

Astrid Maclean said...

Another stunning canvas Mark, great techniques and that crackle finishes it off just perfectly, it looks fantastic!!

craftytrog said...

Fantastic art Mark! Great paint effects! x

Dianne said...

Stunning canvas Mark, love all the texture and crackle, love the way the colors mixed giving it a gorgeous background for the stamp, love the way the script turned out soooo kool , thanks for sharing....

Artyjen said...

Great colours and texture ;)
xoxo Sioux