Friday 26 July 2013

Just a Little Note

Hello Artistic Stamper fans, this is Astrid here with my second project for July.

This time I decided to alter a little notebook:
This started life as a cheap little Kraft covered notebook I purchased at my local supermarket.
I started by giving it some texture with the help of a couple of stencils from my stash. When dry I covered it with 3 colours of Distress Paint, Antique Linen, Weathered Wood and Frayed Burlap, blending them together with my most sophisticated craft tool, - damp kitchen roll.... When dry I stamped the Calligraphic Mat 12 in Weathered Wood Distress Paint. When stamping with paint, make sure you clean your stamp straight away!. Next I stamped one of the images from the Garden Plate 1 in Dove Grey Stazon Ink on a piece of smooth card and cut it out. I blended Antique Linen, Weathered Wood and Frayed Burlap Distress Ink over and around it and then painted with a little Weathered Wood and my refillable water brush around the main image to bring it out a bit more,


As I was in a blingy mood I also added a little bit of light blue Stickles to the little flowers and the wings.
Next I mounted this on a piece of corrugated card coloured with the same colours of Distress Paint.
I highlighted all the raised bits with some gilding wax and finally embellished with a  home made rose spritst with various sprays, some die-cut leaves and as this is after all a note book one of the Tim Holtz Pen-Nibs

That's it. Hope you like this and got a bit of inspiration and thank you for visiting!

26 comments:

Terry said...

So love what you did with this notebook! I am amazed with the texture and that image is gorgeous! Love the touches of gold! So inspiring!

Sid said...

Some fabulous effects on that little book !!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the different textures.

Marianne said...

I love it the way you altered this notebook. It's almost a pity to use it :-) xxx Marianne

Caroline said...

I agree with Marianne, far too gorgeous to use?! Every part from the textures & dimension to the colours & Handmade rose is wonderful!! Wish I could do flowers, do you have tutorial on your blog? I will have a look. Great idea! :))

Artyjen said...

Great texture and it will be a pleasure to use I'm sure ;)
xoxo Sioux

Words and Pictures said...

How beautiful... such gorgeous texture, and the subtle blue sparkle and the gilding wax add beautiful lustre. Especially love the panel, and the corrugated mounting. Wonderful!
Alison x

Maryanne said...

I love what you did with this notebook. The textures are fantastic!

Rita said...

A beautifully book Astrid. I love it so much. When I get home I will have to give this a try. Hope to catch up soon. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

A beautiful make , gorgeous colours andtextures! Lvethe piece of corrugated card xnhugs x trace x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous Astrid. Gorgeous colouring, gorgeous textures, just gorgeous everything!!! You always get the right mix , never too little and never too much. I really love it!! ox

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous cover and textures, love the highlights. A fantastic alteration to a plain book.
Yvonne x

Maryann Laursen said...

This is soooooooo gorgeous Astrid, and I really LOVE, how it turned out here, so beautiful.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! I love the texture and the vintage feel.
It is too pretty to use...lol

Happy Crafting
tracie

Anonymous said...

I have fallen in love with this notebook!
Amazing texture achieved.
Wishes
Lynne

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful!

Suzi B said...

Beautiful notebook...
Suzi B x

annesyme said...

Beautiful creation as always Astrid, I just love what you've done with this notebook.
Anne x

May said...

Astrid, this is amazing... The texture is fabulous...Love, Love, Love your notebook.... Hugs May x x x

Barbara Rankin said...

This is awesome! Love the colors, texture, well, just everything!!!! You work is always amazing!

Dorthe said...

It`s AMAZING dear Astrid,-
Gorgeous with the stamp and it`s colours on the cardboard- and the wonderfully guilded raised patterns, together with the die-cuts ,a very stunning notebook front!!!
Hugs and x
Dorthe

craftytrog said...

Ooh!!! That's gorgeous Astrid! Love it!
Alison xxx

Dianne said...

WOW, STUNNING cover for that book, love the textures you created and I looove the corrugated piece with the gorgeous image,loooove the flower with the vines, and that nib love every bit os it Astrid thanks for sharing your gorgeous make..

Rika said...

Gorgeous book!

Jenny Marples said...

Now there's a notebook to be treasured. Hugs, Jenny x

Dawn Louise said...

Stunning so tactile and beautiful to look at thanks for sharing this lovely art x