Saturday 13 July 2013

All My Favourite Things

Hello everyone, Astrid here with my first project for July.
There is nothing I like quite so much as playing with Distress Inks and stamps and sometimes you need a quick and easy project that can be a little bring-along gift, and this is one of those.
I also LOVE creating tags, as those of you who know me will have realized by now....
My project today is a tag and holder made from another tag.
I started with a Size 10 tag, scored it 3" from the bottom and folded it up to form a pocket. Using my Inkblending tools, I coloured it with 3 colours of Distress Inks, Antique Linen, Fired Brick and finally some Gathered Twigs around the edges. I also added some bits of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape. I then stamped a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Way with Words set in Jet Black Archival Ink and highlighted the words with a white pen. Finally I  stamped two flowers from the.Botanical Set in Black Archival on to smooth white card, cut them out, coloured them a bit with some of the Distress Inks and then added them for decoration. I glued the pocket shut and then added some faux white stitches with a white pen around the edges.


The actual tag was made with a Size 8 tag. I cut about one inch from the bottom and coloured it with Distress Inks in Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs. I added some more Tissue Tape and added some background stamping with the Speckle background stamp and one of the stamps from the Katie Fox Encyclopaedia Botanica set in Gathered Twigs. I then stamped a large flower from the Botanical Set twice on smooth white card with Black Archival, cut them out and coloured them with Fired Brick Distress Ink and a bit of Adirondack Ink in Cranberry. I layered them one slightly on top of the other to form my vocal image.  Another little flower from the Botanical Set and a butterfly from the Katie Fox Encyclopaedia Botanica set finished  it all off.



Hope you like this little project, thank you for visiting like always and see you next time!


28 comments:

mark gould said...

Beautiful colours, I really love the tag folder/holder x

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

This is lovely, - I too love tags so I have just designed a "Tag You're It" card so that I can make tags and not cards.x

Norma Gomez said...

Beautiful tag and holder, those florals are gorgeous!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Astrid
Your Tag pocket is gorgeous, and your colour palette relates such warmth. Your Tag has wonderful elements that make it very interesting to the eye, I love it.
Smiles:)
Sue

Paula Whittaker said...

lovely tag and pocket.

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW this is so gorgeous again Astrid, sooooooooooo beautiful work.

Helen said...

The tag pocket is fantastic, but then I saw the whole tag inside - what beautiful stamping/colouring - perfect!!

Marianne said...

What a surprice these lovely flowers on the tag. You had hidden them for us on your own blog :-p Gorgeous!!
xxx Marianne

Rosie said...

Gorgeous, as always, Astrid

Sid said...

Lovely tags Astrid !

Redanne said...

Hi Astrid, this is so very you and also very beautiful!

Zuzu's Blog said...

love that pocket.. love the white highlights. i always seem to make a dogs breakfast of things when i try that.

Aquarius said...

Love the colours you've used and this is a lovely little idea for a quick gift - 'just because'. Thanks for the explanations too.

Chris said...

Fabulous Astrid and what a beautiful way to present the tag I love it! Chris.

Gitte said...

Beautiful Pocket/Tag.

Margaret Mifsud said...

I sooo love your tags. They are always so gorgeous and unique. Love the colour of the pocket and also the flowers on the tag itself. Stunning!!

Annie said...

Superb project with a fab outcome. Thanks for sharing Astrid and those botanicals are stunning

Annie x

craftytrog said...

It's a beautiful project Astrid! xx

May said...

Love it Astrid, I have not got any of the large tags... But they are now on my wish list... What a Fabulous idea... Beautiful tags... Love the stamping & the sentiment.. Hugs May x x

Marjie Kemper said...

How beautiful! Love the coloring and the white pen work.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

It is beautiful Astrid! Love the way you used the white pen to hi-lite the letters on that sentiment.

Words and Pictures said...

This is a stunning make, Astrid... I adore the glowing colours, fabulous stamping - especially the layers on the insert - altogether wonderful!
Alison x

Jenny Marples said...

Love the tag and pocket idea Astrid. Great combination of ink and embellishments. Hugs, Jenny x

Dianne said...

Hello Dear Astrid,the holder is stunning, looooove the colors, love how you stamped the sentiment then highlighted some of the words perfect. Then the tag uhmmmm so GORGEOUS, from the beautiful background the flowers are stunning, love the tape and the butterfly, YIKESSSS its just and outstanding make my dear, thanks so much for sharing the process and have a great day...

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful work!

Artyjen said...

Love your pretty tag and holder ;)
xoxo Sioux

Terry said...

Beautiful tag and tag holder! Love the tag holder idea and the summer feel! Gorgeous!

Dorthe said...

Hi dear, oh LOVE your tag, looking so beautiful, the way you made it look like the light falls apon the flowers and butterfly!!. and that most gorgeous background!!The qoute on the tagholder is so true, and stands beautiful on the orange/red colours !! -
Hugs, Dorthe