Thursday 10 December 2015

Christmas Card by Debs

Hi  All

Here is a Christmas Card I made using a Gelli print, Jewelled Snowflake and Ornaments stamp plate and the Christmas Greeting #1 plate.



First I stamped and embossed the lightbulb onto plain white card and then stamped and embossed a large snowflake using Versamark Ink and Wow Silver Embossing Powder 
Then I stamped and embossed the banner from the Borders #1 plate and the Swirl Background Open stamp.
I then cut all three elements out.

I found some silver twine and made some bows and stuck these to the lightbulbs.

I made a Gelli print using Brushed Pewter Distress Paint with a little bit of Broken China and did three or four pulls from the Gelli Plate.  Once they were dry I stamped the same large snowflake with White Linen Dylusions paint over the whole of one of the sheets in a random manner, ensuring that the snowflakes weren't too dominant i wanted a subtle effect so that the one in the lightbulb would stand out.
Apologies for the lack of photos at this point - Brain was obviously not in gear 

I cut the card down to a DL size and also trimmed the gelli print and then mounted it onto a piece of card, distressed the edges and mounted onto the card with 3D tape, adding the banner before sticking down.
I Added one lightbulb directly to the paper and the other one with 3D tape overlapping slightly.
Thanks for Stopping By
Debs