Saturday, 15 October 2011


Hi all,
Kat here, hope you are all well,
today I would Like to shear with you the first page
in my board book journal,
firstly, when I sit down to create a page, I have no idea what it's going to be,
I gather some supplies & go for it,
so there is not many photos of the process because I forgot to take them,
(to caught up in the creativeness of it all)
love it when that happens, but the hours fly pass,

so straight to it.

I started by Gessoing the whole page with
then used distress stains in
tumbled glass, wild honey & bundled sage.

I then added the stamps,
I used coffee archival ink & the large splats
in first & second generation ink around the edge,
& the grid background all over.
I stamped the into each day saying
with jet black archival ink

I then glued the collage images to the page
& finally doodled round the edge with a zig pen.
& I added a little shading round the images with a charcoal pencil.

Hope you like it!
I'll be back on the 25th with page number two,
see you then,
Kat x.


Laura said...

This is fabulous.

craftytrog said...

Fantastic page Kat!!! I love it!!! xx

inkypinkycraft said...

Wow what a cool background, love it trace x

Sid said...

Gorgeous piece !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Great journal page, love it!

Cath Wilson said...

I really like this - great colours and the words are brill.

Emma said...

Fabulous page, Kat...gorgeous, as always!
Emma xx

Artyjen said...

Lurverly colours! Great page ;)
xoxo Sioux