Wednesday 5 October 2011

A CREATIVE STORY

Hi all,
Kat here,
I'm back today to shear my first project of the month,
I have made a little journal out of a kid's board book,
this month the DT are using the new background stamps
(they are perfect for journaling & scrap booking)
the stamps are 25% off in the shop HERE if you would like to take a look,

so here goes,

I started by covering the covers with old book pages
once dry I went over the covers with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
very lightly & stamped the Stipple background with the same DI
I added a tiny amount of Bundled Sage Distress Ink
this give the whole thing a bit of an aged look,


with Versamark ink then embossed it with clear
embossing powder & a heat tool
(the stamp was so easy to line up & continue the pattern)


& covered the whole thing,
 then with a baby wipe & wiped most of it off
then added more DI
(where the wet baby wipe had left lots of moisture
you get a to tone colour) cool ha!


I then added an image, wording &
boarder to the covers,
I used a white gel pen to add some doodling,


I glued a book plate with a Idea-ology ticket
in it that I coloured to match the other words
with copic markers to the bottom right.


I covered all the inside pages with a best quality
copy paper so I could just pick it up & create,
& not have to cover each page as I wanted to work in it.


That's about it!
for my other projects for the month on the 15th & 25th
I would like to show a couple of the pages inside,
until then have a great creative month
Kat x.





3 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Great project Kat,love what you did with those stamps!

Artyjen said...

Lovely cover pages....bet the inside pages will be full of lovliness soon before long.
xoxo Sioux

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kat! I love it! xxx