Tuesday 25 October 2011

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU AN ITCH

Hi all,
Kat here with my 3rd & last project for this month,
it's page no 2 in my board book journal,
I am loving my journey with this little book!
sorry guys not many step by step photos again,
(to caught up in the creative process)
note to self, must try harder to remember to take the shots, LOL,

so here it is,

I started by adding ripped book & dictionary pages
the colour is added by using
Neo color 2 water soluble pastels,
(azurite blue & jade)
I scribbled them onto the page & then went over with
a wet paint brush,
(an easy way to add vivid colour
to the whole page quickly & simply)


I used stamp set,
(a massive 25% for this month only in the shop)
the medium size ring was stamped in
to give it a gently faded look,
& the large splats (my absolute fave of mine)
were stamped in Plum archival ink
& lastly I used Tim Holtz Ticket Stamp
as a grounding for the boys to stand on.


I glued the collage images down,
& went round them with a graphite pencil
to give some shading,
printed off a funny saying from my computer,
(that I think sums up the expression on his face perfectly)
glued them in place,
then went roughly round them with double lines using a Zig pen,
Finally I doodled a scallop round the whole page
& added some dots with a white gel pen.


I am really pleased with the way this page turned out,
Hope you like it!

That's it from me for this month,
Hope to see you next time,
have fun creating,
Kat x.

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That is fantastic!! Just love the look on that wee boy's face!! I would love to have a bash at some proper journaling. I haven't done any at all.

Thanks for sharing,

Jackie x

craftytrog said...

Absolutely beautiful Kat! xx

Sid said...

Fab & fun !!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful page, love the cute images and the background is stunning. :)

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous page and such a fun theme too!
xoxo Sioux

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous piece of artwork and just love those images! :)
Love Emma x

Fliss said...

Only just found your journal pages Kat and they're hysterical! I've got the giggles now as the little chap's expressions are so funny.
Fliss x