Monday 31 October 2011

Getting Into The "Spirit" Of Halloween

Tonight is Halloween, and the night of witches, ghouls and ghosts! How could I let today go by without making something ghostly and ghouly, and not a witch in sight! ( unless of course you count me! LOL) . I spent sometime playing with Mr Holtz's embossing folders, and used a tag in the process. Ink up your tag with distress inks: I used the Autumnal Limited Edition colours ( there may be some more available early next month , if you haven't got your set yet) , and inked the tag, and then ran it through with an embossing folder to raise the letters. I then re inked it to get a better depth of colour. I cut another tag from Wendy Vecchi's clear Clearly for Art sheets, and inked these up with Mini Halloween 2  stamps from Mr Holtz, on both sides with black archival, gently heating them to set.


Add  a skull  cut from black shrink plastic and bats cut from black Clearly for Art, from the mini alterations die, Heat the Clearly for Art to bend the bats so they have some movement, and glue carefully to the clear tag.  Staple to the embossed tag.


May you have a spooktacular Halloween ( always wanted to say that! ) , and stay creative
Jennie

9 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oooh Those colours are luscious!! Have a 'creepily' fun day! I'm off to see Alice Cooper tonight! :D

Thanks for sharing,

Jackie x

Inkypinkycraft said...

What a fab tag, I love the colours and those bats are great!!! I love the way their wings curl, very cool! Great tag, trace x

Sid said...

Great tag and Happy Halloween !!

Julia Dunnit said...

How fun..great showcase for the limited colours..likey likey!

gayle said...

Loving those colours! Great effect :)

Joanne said...

Such a spooky tag. the colours are to - wait for it - 'die for' lol. Oh never mind I thought it was funny given the bats and all. LOL. It's fab Jennie.
Hugs Joanne xx

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Love this tag colours are fab and that skeleton looks fantastic .Mandy x

Kirsten Alicia said...

That's gorgeous!!!! I love the little bats.

Fliss said...

Fabulous tag Jennie and I just love those bats.
Happy Halloween to you too.
Fliss x