Tuesday 4 October 2011

Life Thoughts by Sioux Jenneys

Yeh! I'm back! Hello again, I'm here to share a card utilising some of the fabby new stamps on offer this month with 25% off wahey!!! :)


I wanted a card for a man of a certain age without overtly being about the actual age he is if you get my drift!!! HOL.

I seem to have become addicted to not using acrylic blocks to stamp with and loving the randomness that can occur when stamping by hand using the stamp alone! ;)
1. I spritzed some home made Distress spray from a mini mister onto some spare card ready for another background (perhaps you will see that later on in the month ;) ) and took the notebook background stamp and stamped into the pools of dusty concord and dried marigold and transferred this to my square card front.
2. Inked up the grid background with antique linen and again randomly filled the blank spaces.

3. Added some ink splats from the A4 size "swirls, splats and dots" in Distress worn lipstick...although for some reason my photo makes it look more like Dried Marigold!!!

I can't explain that phenomenon!!! HOL


5. The insert uses the new "Happy" stamp from Journaling words in Archival sepia and some random stamped little bees from the Insects and Butterflies #1 plate in Distress antique linen again and I added three star brads to the front.



See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

6 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Deceptively simple looking but so effective. Love this and the stamps are fab x

Laura said...

Very effective! Love the bees inside around the greeting. Great idea,

Joanne said...

So clever but far too good for a bloke lol.
Hugs Joanne xx

Sid said...

Nice card !!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Looks wonderful.

craftytrog said...

Great stamping on this gorgeous card Sioux! The stamped bees are a fab touch! xx