Saturday 8 October 2011

Dots And Swirls

Hi everyone, it's Emma here and I'm so excited to be sharing my first post as a member of The Artistic Stamper Creative Team ~ I really hope you like it!!

For my first project of this month, I decided to get inky and chose to make an art journal page using some of the fabulous journalling and word stamps that are on special offer this month with a 25% discount.


I covered the pages of my journal with a layer of Gesso before applying Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers in Cloudy Blue and Lemonade. I then added highlights of Peeled Paint Distress Stain and blended this into the painted background.

Once dry, I inked up my dot stamp, from the Swirls, Splats and Dots, A5 sheet with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and stamped randomly over the pages before heat setting it. I then inked up the circles from the same stamp sheet and stamped this in Black Archival ink, directly over the dots.

Using the Large Sequin Waste closed background stamp and the Cloudy Blue Acrylic Paint Dabber, I then stamped around the edges of the paper, going off the page each time. I added some ink splats and swirls from the same stamp sheet and then inked up and stamped the Mini Polka Dot background in Black Archival on the right hand side of the journal pages, once again going off the edge of the page.

Finally, using the Creative Art Thoughts stamp, I inked up each of the words individually on the stamp sheet being careful not to get any of the ink on the other words above and below on the sheet. I then stamped them, one at a time onto my journal page.

That's it from me for today and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. See you later in the month with some more projects.
Have fun creating!
Emma xx

13 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh I like that! LOVE the colours you have used.
I have never tried art journaling before simply because I wasn't really sure what to do. But after seeing your beautiful work and those gorgeous stamps i really must give it a go.

Thanks for sharing.

Jackie x

Gabrielle said...

Emma you've done a fab job here - love the colours and the circles - think I NEED those stamps!

TAM said...

Stunning - like Jacqueline I've often thought about art journaling when seeing what others can produce - really must take the "plunge" sometime

Liz McGuire, said...

This is soo cool, like the others I might have to give this a go!

Liz x

Anonymous said...

You've done an amazing job Emma (do you ever do anything less, lol?!)
xxx

Kat said...

welcome emma,
this journal page is fab,
the colours are great,
you have made me want to get my paint dabbers out,
Kat.

Jennie Atkinson said...

A great journal page Emma, the colours are lovely. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Jennie

Joanne said...

Excellent pages. Despite the 'roughness' of the paint, the whole thing is so clean and fresh. Really like these.
Hugs Joanne xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great pages in wonderful color combination.

Artyjen said...

Fabby page Emma! Love the colour combo and the clean look ;)
xoxo Sioux

craftytrog said...

Such beautiful arty pages Emma! Great colours too! xxx

Georgie Horn said...

I love the colors!!

Sid said...

Great looking pages !!