Saturday 29 October 2011

Deep In Thought...

Hello everyone! 

It's Emma here, and I'm back with my final share of this month, using one of the gorgeous Mabel Lucie Attwell stamps...I hope you like it!
For this card, I chose to use "Pen and Ink" which I think one of my favourite stamps from the Mabel Lucie Attwell range and I used it in conjunction with the background stamps that still have a 25% discount until the end of the month.
Here's how I made this card:

Stamp the Mabel Lucie Attwell image in the corner of a piece of cream card and then stamp the image again onto a "Post It Note". Cut out this second image and use it as a mask, placing it directly over the image that was stamped onto the cream card.

Ink up the large Notebook Background stamp in Fired Brick Distress Ink and place the stamp onto the cream card, making sure that the Mabel Lucie Attwell image is in the bottom right hand corner. Remove the mask and colour the image in before trimming the stamped card, to size and punching out the holes in the side margin.

Ink up the "ink splat" from the Swirls, Splats and Dots A5 set with Old Paper Distress Ink and stamp onto the cream card. Use some more of the Old Paper DI around the edges of the cream card, then using Black Archival Ink and the "Creative Art Thoughts" journalling stamp, stamp directly onto the main image.
I distressed and tore some polka dot background paper that I had in my craft room, layered it over some Core'dinations cardstock and adhered this to a card blank. As finishing touches, I added buttons, decorative pins and vintage ribbon from my crafty stash and finally added one of Tim Holtz's Elegant Flourishes from Sizzix.

Thank you for taking a look at my little creation and I'll see you again soon!
Have a wonderful creative weekend!
Love Emma x

6 comments:

Artyjen said...

Simply gorgeous Emma :)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, I love that sweet image! xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Emma! Love it!
xx

Sid said...

It's a fab card !!

Live4Soccer said...

GORGEOUS! love the image and love the shabby chic look! :D

<333

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is so lovely.