Sunday 2 October 2011

Steampunk Halloween: Laura Liddell

I feel very honored and privileged to be joining The Artistic Stamper as their guest designer for October. To be working alongside such an awesome group of designers. I bow to you all.

And to be allocated October! Such a fun month. This is going to be great for me. I intend to have fun and I hope I can bring a little fun into your lives too!



There are these really cool stamps from The Artistic Stamper which I just love. They are listed under Steampunk but I felt they would be ideal for halloween as well. Quirky and funny. Just what I like.

I decided they would work really well for a Trick or Treat box, so I made one in Kraft card and another coloured with Promarkers. You need to stamp with Memento ink pads for the Promarkers. The pen ink does not react with this ink pad.

I have included the template I created for the box.



 I did not add the lid as I wanted the body parts to be seen oozing out the box.


I also added some quirky bits and pieces just because it amused me and thought it may others too!


They could also be used as party favours if anyone is having a halloween party.


The stamps I used from The Artistic Stamper were
Goose Grease
Phineas Pinchbeck
Squaretoes Continuous Lunch
all found under the Steampunk heading under stamps.

(The images were stamped onto Kraft card or white card and then cut out and stuck to the box.)

Hope you may enjoy making these trick or treat boxes for Halloween.


6 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great fun quirky pieces. Great use of the stamps and perfect for Halloween. Tracy x

Artyjen said...

Ooh I do love! ;) Can I have some special spare ribs please? LOL
Great to see you here sharing your fun boxes and thanks for the template Laura.
xoxo Sioux

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Laura, welcome to our world, and how cool are these.. feel a make coming on:))
xx

Sid said...

Fantastic effect !!

Sarah Anderson said...

ooo Laura these are FaB! Great project :)

craftytrog said...

These are fab Laura! Great to have you joining us this month! xx